Re: [pcgen] String index out of range

  • Jayme Cox
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2, 2003
      Steven Gilroy wrote:

      > I get this on the console:
      >
      > PersistanceLayer
      > pcgen.persistence.PersistenceLayerException:
      > ERROR:/usr/local/pcgen/data/wizardsofthecoast/sourcebooks/dnd/core/phb/phb.pcc
      > error
      > Exception type:java.io.FileNotFoundException
      > Message:/usr/local/pcgen/data/wizardsofthecoast/sourcebooks/dnd/core/phb/phb.pcc
      > (No such file or directory)

      Please try again with the latest autobuild and let me know the results.
      Thanks!
    • Jayme Cox
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 2, 2003
        Kevin Colagio wrote:
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy wrote:
        >
        >>I just noticed that even if I load a source it does not
        >>actually load.
        >
        > Sounds like the problem I have with 5.3.2 ....
        >
        > Kevin Colagio

        You might try deleting your options.ini file and see if that fixes the
        problem....
      • Steven Gilroy
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 2, 2003
          I had already tried deleting the options.ini and all other .ini files
          for that matter...

          I just tried with autobuild timestamped 200308030314

          No error when starting but now when I try to open a character the
          character tab does not show up. Here is what I get on the console:

          java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
          at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPrereqStat(PObject.java:6860)
          at pcgen.core.PObject.access$1100(PObject.java:62)
          at
          pcgen.core.PObject$PreReqTestsToUse.passesTests(PObject.java:3572)
          at
          pcgen.core.PObject$PreReqTestsToGain.passesTests(PObject.java:3349)
          at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqForList(PObject.java:4007)
          at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqToGainForList(PObject.java:3827)
          at pcgen.core.Feat.passesPreReqToGainForList(Feat.java:185)
          at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqToGainForList(PObject.java:3249)
          at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqToGain(PObject.java:3182)
          at pcgen.gui.utils.PObjectNode.toString(PObjectNode.java:249)
          at javax.swing.JTree.convertValueToText(Unknown Source)
          at
          javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeCellRenderer.getTreeCellRendererComponent(Unknown
          Source)
          at
          javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$NodeDimensionsHandler.getNodeDimensions(Unknown
          Source)
          at
          javax.swing.tree.AbstractLayoutCache.getNodeDimensions(Unknown Source)
          at
          javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.updatePreferredSize(Unknown
          Source)
          at
          javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unknown
          Source)
          at
          javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unknown
          Source)
          at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.rebuild(Unknown
          Source)
          at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.setModel(Unknown
          Source)
          at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.setModel(Unknown Source)
          at
          javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$PropertyChangeHandler.propertyChange(Unknown
          Source)
          at
          javax.swing.event.SwingPropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown
          Source)
          at
          javax.swing.event.SwingPropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown
          Source)
          at javax.swing.JComponent.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
          at javax.swing.JTree.setModel(Unknown Source)
          at javax.swing.JTree.<init>(Unknown Source)
          at
          pcgen.gui.utils.JTreeTable$TreeTableCellRenderer.<init>(JTreeTable.java:501)
          at pcgen.gui.utils.JTreeTable.<init>(JTreeTable.java:97)
          at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.createTreeTables(InfoFeats.java:798)
          at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.initComponents(InfoFeats.java:481)
          at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.<init>(InfoFeats.java:405)
          at pcgen.gui.CharacterInfo.<init>(CharacterInfo.java:69)
          at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.addPCTab(PCGen_Frame1.java:753)
          at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.loadPCFromFile(PCGen_Frame1.java:1108)
          at
          pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.openItem_actionPerformed(PCGen_Frame1.java:1095)
          at
          pcgen.gui.FrameActionListener$2.actionPerformed(FrameActionListener.java:71)
          at
          javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
          Source)
          at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
          Source)
          at
          javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
          at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
          at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
          Source)
          at
          pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:2677)
          at
          java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
          at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
          Source)

          Jayme Cox wrote:
          > Kevin Colagio wrote:
          >
          >>--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy wrote:
          >>

          >>>I just noticed that even if I load a source it does not
          >>>actually load.
          >>
          >>Sounds like the problem I have with 5.3.2 ....
          >>
          >>Kevin Colagio
          >

          > You might try deleting your options.ini file and see if that fixes the
          > problem....

          Steven Gilroy
          PCGen OS Lemur
        • Steven Gilroy
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 2, 2003
            Interesting side note to this, if I try opening up an existing character
            no character tab shows up...but then if I try to create a new character
            the New character tab comes up with the info for the character I just
            tried to open....strange things going on here...

            Steven Gilroy
            PCGen OS Lemur
          • Jayme Cox
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 2, 2003
              Steven Gilroy wrote:
              > I had already tried deleting the options.ini and all other .ini files
              > for that matter...
              >
              > I just tried with autobuild timestamped 200308030314

              Please try with autobuild timestamped 200308030514 or later (Sun Aug 3
              05:14:00 2003 GMT or later)
            • taluroniscandar
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 3, 2003
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy <sgilroy2@w...> wrote:
                > Interesting side note to this, if I try opening up an existing
                character
                > no character tab shows up...but then if I try to create a new
                character
                > the New character tab comes up with the info for the character I
                just
                > tried to open....strange things going on here...

                I've seen this behavior often in the past in different versions. In
                my experience this is almost always a lst file problem. Always had a
                Space somewhere in a lst file. When I found the space and replaced
                with a tab it went away.
              • Steven Gilroy
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 3, 2003
                  My LST files have not changed and this problem just started with version
                  5.3.2. When I go back to 5.3.1 everything is fine. This leads me to
                  believe that it is not a LST file problem.

                  Jayme, I just tried with autobuild timestamped 200308031514 and the tab
                  still does not show when I load a character.

                  I still get:

[...]
                  at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.addPCTab(PCGen_Frame1.java:762)
                  at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.loadPCFromFile(PCGen_Frame1.java:1117)
                  at
                  pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.openItem_actionPerformed(PCGen_Frame1.java:1104)
                  at
                  pcgen.gui.FrameActionListener$2.actionPerformed(FrameActionListener.java:71)
                  at
                  javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
                  Source)
                  at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
                  Source)
                  at
                  javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
                  at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
                  at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
                  Source)
                  at
                  pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:2686)

                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 3, 2003
                    Steven Gilroy wrote:
                    > I still get:
                    >
                    > java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
                    > at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
                    > at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPrereqStat(PObject.java:6860)

                    Looks like you have an error in one of your PRESTAT: tokens. Try the
                    latest autobuild an hour from now and it should output the token with
                    the problem.
                  • Steven Gilroy
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 4, 2003
                      Jayme,
                      That fixed it, the characters open like they are supposed to now. I
                      do get "Badly formed PRESTAT token: 1,Q" 3 times now when I open the
                      first character, but everything works normally.

                      Keep up the good work!

                      Jayme Cox wrote:
                      > Steven Gilroy wrote:
                      >
                      >>I still get:
                      >>
                      >>java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
                      >> at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
                      >> at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPrereqStat(PObject.java:6860)
                      >

                      > Looks like you have an error in one of your PRESTAT: tokens. Try the
                      > latest autobuild an hour from now and it should output the token with
                      > the problem.

                      Steven Gilroy
                      PCGen OS Lemur