Re: String index out of range

  • Kevin Colagio
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2 8:05 PM
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy wrote:
      > I just noticed that even if I load a source it does not
      > actually load.
      > It shows that it is loaded but I don't have the option to open a
      > character, the only thing available in the file menu is New...when I
      > click on that I get a message that I need to load sources first.

      Sounds like the problem I have with 5.3.2 ....

      Kevin Colagio
    • Jayme Cox
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 2 9:53 PM
        Steven Gilroy wrote:

        > I get this on the console:
        >
        > PersistanceLayer
        > pcgen.persistence.PersistenceLayerException:
        > ERROR:/usr/local/pcgen/data/wizardsofthecoast/sourcebooks/dnd/core/phb/phb.pcc
        > error
        > Exception type:java.io.FileNotFoundException
        > Message:/usr/local/pcgen/data/wizardsofthecoast/sourcebooks/dnd/core/phb/phb.pcc
        > (No such file or directory)

        Please try again with the latest autobuild and let me know the results.
        Thanks!
      • Jayme Cox
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 2 9:54 PM
          Kevin Colagio wrote:
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy wrote:
          >
          >>I just noticed that even if I load a source it does not
          >>actually load.
          >
          > Sounds like the problem I have with 5.3.2 ....
          >
          > Kevin Colagio

          You might try deleting your options.ini file and see if that fixes the
          problem....
        • Steven Gilroy
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 2 10:02 PM
            I had already tried deleting the options.ini and all other .ini files
            for that matter...

            I just tried with autobuild timestamped 200308030314

            No error when starting but now when I try to open a character the
            character tab does not show up. Here is what I get on the console:

            java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
            at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
            at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPrereqStat(PObject.java:6860)
            at pcgen.core.PObject.access$1100(PObject.java:62)
            at
            pcgen.core.PObject$PreReqTestsToUse.passesTests(PObject.java:3572)
            at
            pcgen.core.PObject$PreReqTestsToGain.passesTests(PObject.java:3349)
            at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqForList(PObject.java:4007)
            at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqToGainForList(PObject.java:3827)
            at pcgen.core.Feat.passesPreReqToGainForList(Feat.java:185)
            at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqToGainForList(PObject.java:3249)
            at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqToGain(PObject.java:3182)
            at pcgen.gui.utils.PObjectNode.toString(PObjectNode.java:249)
            at javax.swing.JTree.convertValueToText(Unknown Source)
            at
            javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeCellRenderer.getTreeCellRendererComponent(Unknown
            Source)
            at
            javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$NodeDimensionsHandler.getNodeDimensions(Unknown
            Source)
            at
            javax.swing.tree.AbstractLayoutCache.getNodeDimensions(Unknown Source)
            at
            javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.updatePreferredSize(Unknown
            Source)
            at
            javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unknown
            Source)
            at
            javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unknown
            Source)
            at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.rebuild(Unknown
            Source)
            at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.setModel(Unknown
            Source)
            at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.setModel(Unknown Source)
            at
            javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$PropertyChangeHandler.propertyChange(Unknown
            Source)
            at
            javax.swing.event.SwingPropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown
            Source)
            at
            javax.swing.event.SwingPropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown
            Source)
            at javax.swing.JComponent.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.JTree.setModel(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.JTree.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at
            pcgen.gui.utils.JTreeTable$TreeTableCellRenderer.<init>(JTreeTable.java:501)
            at pcgen.gui.utils.JTreeTable.<init>(JTreeTable.java:97)
            at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.createTreeTables(InfoFeats.java:798)
            at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.initComponents(InfoFeats.java:481)
            at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.<init>(InfoFeats.java:405)
            at pcgen.gui.CharacterInfo.<init>(CharacterInfo.java:69)
            at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.addPCTab(PCGen_Frame1.java:753)
            at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.loadPCFromFile(PCGen_Frame1.java:1108)
            at
            pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.openItem_actionPerformed(PCGen_Frame1.java:1095)
            at
            pcgen.gui.FrameActionListener$2.actionPerformed(FrameActionListener.java:71)
            at
            javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
            Source)
            at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
            Source)
            at
            javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
            Source)
            at
            pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:2677)
            at
            java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
            Source)

            Jayme Cox wrote:
            > Kevin Colagio wrote:
            >
            >>--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy wrote:
            >>

            >>>I just noticed that even if I load a source it does not
            >>>actually load.
            >>
            >>Sounds like the problem I have with 5.3.2 ....
            >>
            >>Kevin Colagio
            >

            > You might try deleting your options.ini file and see if that fixes the
            > problem....

            Steven Gilroy
            PCGen OS Lemur
          • Steven Gilroy
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 2 10:04 PM
              Interesting side note to this, if I try opening up an existing character
              no character tab shows up...but then if I try to create a new character
              the New character tab comes up with the info for the character I just
              tried to open....strange things going on here...

              Steven Gilroy
              PCGen OS Lemur
            • Jayme Cox
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 2 10:46 PM
                Steven Gilroy wrote:
                > I had already tried deleting the options.ini and all other .ini files
                > for that matter...
                >
                > I just tried with autobuild timestamped 200308030314

                Please try with autobuild timestamped 200308030514 or later (Sun Aug 3
                05:14:00 2003 GMT or later)
              • taluroniscandar
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 3 5:49 AM
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy <sgilroy2@w...> wrote:
                  > Interesting side note to this, if I try opening up an existing
                  character
                  > no character tab shows up...but then if I try to create a new
                  character
                  > the New character tab comes up with the info for the character I
                  just
                  > tried to open....strange things going on here...

                  I've seen this behavior often in the past in different versions. In
                  my experience this is almost always a lst file problem. Always had a
                  Space somewhere in a lst file. When I found the space and replaced
                  with a tab it went away.
                • Steven Gilroy
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 3 9:18 AM
                    My LST files have not changed and this problem just started with version
                    5.3.2. When I go back to 5.3.1 everything is fine. This leads me to
                    believe that it is not a LST file problem.

                    Jayme, I just tried with autobuild timestamped 200308031514 and the tab
                    still does not show when I load a character.

                    I still get:

[...]
                    at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.addPCTab(PCGen_Frame1.java:762)
                    at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.loadPCFromFile(PCGen_Frame1.java:1117)
                    at
                    pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.openItem_actionPerformed(PCGen_Frame1.java:1104)
                    at
                    pcgen.gui.FrameActionListener$2.actionPerformed(FrameActionListener.java:71)
                    at
                    javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
                    Source)
                    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
                    Source)
                    at
                    javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
                    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
                    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
                    Source)
                    at
                    pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:2686)

                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 3 10:17 PM
                      Steven Gilroy wrote:
                      > I still get:
                      >
                      > java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
                      > at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
                      > at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPrereqStat(PObject.java:6860)

                      Looks like you have an error in one of your PRESTAT: tokens. Try the
                      latest autobuild an hour from now and it should output the token with
                      the problem.
                    • Steven Gilroy
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 4 12:35 PM
                        Jayme,
                        That fixed it, the characters open like they are supposed to now. I
                        do get "Badly formed PRESTAT token: 1,Q" 3 times now when I open the
                        first character, but everything works normally.

                        Keep up the good work!

                        Jayme Cox wrote:
                        > Steven Gilroy wrote:
                        >
                        >>I still get:
                        >>
                        >>java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
                        >> at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
                        >> at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPrereqStat(PObject.java:6860)
                        >

                        > Looks like you have an error in one of your PRESTAT: tokens. Try the
                        > latest autobuild an hour from now and it should output the token with
                        > the problem.

                        Steven Gilroy
                        PCGen OS Lemur