Re: [pcgen] String index out of range

  • Steven Gilroy
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2 6:21 PM
      I just noticed that even if I load a source it does not actually load.
      It shows that it is loaded but I don't have the option to open a
      character, the only thing available in the file menu is New...when I
      click on that I get a message that I need to load sources first.

      Steven Gilroy wrote:
      > autobuild.timestamp
      > 200308022314
      >
      > I get the following error when I start PCGen with any source loaded
      > (tried with several individual sources including the SRD):
      >
      > Error in Main Source whilst initialising:
      > java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 1
      > PCGen may not operate correctly as a result of this error.

      <snip>
      --

      Steven Gilroy
      PCGen OS Lemur
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 2 7:00 PM
        More info...it appears this started with 5.3.2
        I tried 5.3.2 and got the same error, but everything appears to be fine
        in 5.3.1

      • Kevin Colagio
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 2 8:05 PM
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy wrote:
          > I just noticed that even if I load a source it does not
          > actually load.
          > It shows that it is loaded but I don't have the option to open a
          > character, the only thing available in the file menu is New...when I
          > click on that I get a message that I need to load sources first.

          Sounds like the problem I have with 5.3.2 ....

          Kevin Colagio
        • Jayme Cox
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 2 9:53 PM
            Steven Gilroy wrote:

            > I get this on the console:
            >
            > PersistanceLayer
            > pcgen.persistence.PersistenceLayerException:
            > ERROR:/usr/local/pcgen/data/wizardsofthecoast/sourcebooks/dnd/core/phb/phb.pcc
            > error
            > Exception type:java.io.FileNotFoundException
            > Message:/usr/local/pcgen/data/wizardsofthecoast/sourcebooks/dnd/core/phb/phb.pcc
            > (No such file or directory)

            Please try again with the latest autobuild and let me know the results.
            Thanks!
          • Jayme Cox
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 2 9:54 PM
              Kevin Colagio wrote:
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy wrote:
              >
              >>I just noticed that even if I load a source it does not
              >>actually load.
              >
              > Sounds like the problem I have with 5.3.2 ....
              >
              > Kevin Colagio

              You might try deleting your options.ini file and see if that fixes the
              problem....
            • Steven Gilroy
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 2 10:02 PM
                I had already tried deleting the options.ini and all other .ini files
                for that matter...

                I just tried with autobuild timestamped 200308030314

                No error when starting but now when I try to open a character the
                character tab does not show up. Here is what I get on the console:

                java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
                at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
                at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPrereqStat(PObject.java:6860)
                at pcgen.core.PObject.access$1100(PObject.java:62)
                at
                pcgen.core.PObject$PreReqTestsToUse.passesTests(PObject.java:3572)
                at
                pcgen.core.PObject$PreReqTestsToGain.passesTests(PObject.java:3349)
                at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqForList(PObject.java:4007)
                at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqToGainForList(PObject.java:3827)
                at pcgen.core.Feat.passesPreReqToGainForList(Feat.java:185)
                at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqToGainForList(PObject.java:3249)
                at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqToGain(PObject.java:3182)
                at pcgen.gui.utils.PObjectNode.toString(PObjectNode.java:249)
                at javax.swing.JTree.convertValueToText(Unknown Source)
                at
                javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeCellRenderer.getTreeCellRendererComponent(Unknown
                Source)
                at
                javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$NodeDimensionsHandler.getNodeDimensions(Unknown
                Source)
                at
                javax.swing.tree.AbstractLayoutCache.getNodeDimensions(Unknown Source)
                at
                javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.updatePreferredSize(Unknown
                Source)
                at
                javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unknown
                Source)
                at
                javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unknown
                Source)
                at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.rebuild(Unknown
                Source)
                at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.setModel(Unknown
                Source)
                at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.setModel(Unknown Source)
                at
                javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$PropertyChangeHandler.propertyChange(Unknown
                Source)
                at
                javax.swing.event.SwingPropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown
                Source)
                at
                javax.swing.event.SwingPropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown
                Source)
                at javax.swing.JComponent.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
                at javax.swing.JTree.setModel(Unknown Source)
                at javax.swing.JTree.<init>(Unknown Source)
                at
                pcgen.gui.utils.JTreeTable$TreeTableCellRenderer.<init>(JTreeTable.java:501)
                at pcgen.gui.utils.JTreeTable.<init>(JTreeTable.java:97)
                at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.createTreeTables(InfoFeats.java:798)
                at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.initComponents(InfoFeats.java:481)
                at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.<init>(InfoFeats.java:405)
                at pcgen.gui.CharacterInfo.<init>(CharacterInfo.java:69)
                at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.addPCTab(PCGen_Frame1.java:753)
                at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.loadPCFromFile(PCGen_Frame1.java:1108)
                at
                pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.openItem_actionPerformed(PCGen_Frame1.java:1095)
                at
                pcgen.gui.FrameActionListener$2.actionPerformed(FrameActionListener.java:71)
                at
                javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
                Source)
                at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
                Source)
                at
                javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
                at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
                at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
                Source)
                at
                pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:2677)
                at
                java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
                at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
                Source)

                Jayme Cox wrote:
                > Kevin Colagio wrote:
                >
                >>--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy wrote:
                >>

                >>>I just noticed that even if I load a source it does not
                >>>actually load.
                >>
                >>Sounds like the problem I have with 5.3.2 ....
                >>
                >>Kevin Colagio
                >

                > You might try deleting your options.ini file and see if that fixes the
                > problem....

                Steven Gilroy
                PCGen OS Lemur
              • Steven Gilroy
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 2 10:04 PM
                  Interesting side note to this, if I try opening up an existing character
                  no character tab shows up...but then if I try to create a new character
                  the New character tab comes up with the info for the character I just
                  tried to open....strange things going on here...

                  Steven Gilroy
                  PCGen OS Lemur
                • Jayme Cox
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 2 10:46 PM
                    Steven Gilroy wrote:
                    > I had already tried deleting the options.ini and all other .ini files
                    > for that matter...
                    >
                    > I just tried with autobuild timestamped 200308030314

                    Please try with autobuild timestamped 200308030514 or later (Sun Aug 3
                    05:14:00 2003 GMT or later)
                  • taluroniscandar
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 3 5:49 AM
                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy <sgilroy2@w...> wrote:
                      > Interesting side note to this, if I try opening up an existing
                      character
                      > no character tab shows up...but then if I try to create a new
                      character
                      > the New character tab comes up with the info for the character I
                      just
                      > tried to open....strange things going on here...

                      I've seen this behavior often in the past in different versions. In
                      my experience this is almost always a lst file problem. Always had a
                      Space somewhere in a lst file. When I found the space and replaced
                      with a tab it went away.
                    • Steven Gilroy
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 3 9:18 AM
                        My LST files have not changed and this problem just started with version
                        5.3.2. When I go back to 5.3.1 everything is fine. This leads me to
                        believe that it is not a LST file problem.

                        Jayme, I just tried with autobuild timestamped 200308031514 and the tab
                        still does not show when I load a character.

                        I still get:

[...]
                        at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.addPCTab(PCGen_Frame1.java:762)
                        at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.loadPCFromFile(PCGen_Frame1.java:1117)
                        at
                        pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.openItem_actionPerformed(PCGen_Frame1.java:1104)
                        at
                        pcgen.gui.FrameActionListener$2.actionPerformed(FrameActionListener.java:71)
                        at
                        javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
                        Source)
                        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
                        Source)
                        at
                        javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
                        Source)
                        at
                        pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:2686)

                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 3 10:17 PM
                          Steven Gilroy wrote:
                          > I still get:
                          >
                          > java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
                          > at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
                          > at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPrereqStat(PObject.java:6860)

                          Looks like you have an error in one of your PRESTAT: tokens. Try the
                          latest autobuild an hour from now and it should output the token with
                          the problem.
                        • Steven Gilroy
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 4 12:35 PM
                            Jayme,
                            That fixed it, the characters open like they are supposed to now. I
                            do get "Badly formed PRESTAT token: 1,Q" 3 times now when I open the
                            first character, but everything works normally.

                            Keep up the good work!

                            Jayme Cox wrote:
                            > Steven Gilroy wrote:
                            >
                            >>I still get:
                            >>
                            >>java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
                            >> at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
                            >> at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPrereqStat(PObject.java:6860)
                            >

                            > Looks like you have an error in one of your PRESTAT: tokens. Try the
                            > latest autobuild an hour from now and it should output the token with
                            > the problem.

                            Steven Gilroy
                            PCGen OS Lemur