New FOP [BARAK] Re: PCGen the zippy

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      > Unless you want to print pdf's, in which case you also need
      > pdf_new.zip

      In generalized terms, since I've never coded in java, what changed to
      warrant a new PDF file ?

      Paul W. King
      OGL/PL SB and BoD
    • pjak
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <kingpaul@e...> wrote:
        > In generalized terms, since I've never coded in java, what changed
        > warrant a new PDF file ?

        To export and print pdf's we use a third-party library called FOP.
        The version we used till now was quite old (we were using 0.20.1
        which was released in September 2001...) and didn't support
        everything the OS Monkeys want to do with the .fo files. We nearly
        upgraded a few months ago, but after much trouble decided to wait
        until FOP's next stable release. Which was 0.20.5 on the 18th of July.

        /Jonas
      • pjak
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "pjak" <pjak@y...> wrote:
          > To export and print pdf's we use a third-party library called FOP.

          In case anyone's interested, a partial list of the changes/bugfixes
          to FOP since the version we used can be found here:

          http://xml.apache.org/fop/changes.html

          /Jonas