PCGen the zippy

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      I just finally had a chance to put the latest alpha of PCGen through
      its paces, and I have to say I'm impressed! Jayme Cox did a lot on
      optimizing when recalcs are done, and the results are wonderful. For
      anyone with PCGen 5.3.2, all you need is the new pcgen.jar available
      at rpg.plambert.net/pcgen
      A number of others also chipped in with help and testing, and the end
      result is quite nice. I think Jayme and those who worked on this
      deserve a big round of applause!

      *applause*

      -Bryan
      a very happy Benevolent Dictator of PCGen
    • pjak
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
        > For
        > anyone with PCGen 5.3.2, all you need is the new pcgen.jar
        available
        > at rpg.plambert.net/pcgen

        Unless you want to print pdf's, in which case you also need
        pdf_new.zip (available here:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
        group_id=25576&release_id=173522 )

        /Jonas
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
          > Unless you want to print pdf's, in which case you also need
          > pdf_new.zip

          In generalized terms, since I've never coded in java, what changed to
          warrant a new PDF file ?

          Paul W. King
          OGL/PL SB and BoD
        • pjak
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <kingpaul@e...> wrote:
            > In generalized terms, since I've never coded in java, what changed
            > warrant a new PDF file ?

            To export and print pdf's we use a third-party library called FOP.
            The version we used till now was quite old (we were using 0.20.1
            which was released in September 2001...) and didn't support
            everything the OS Monkeys want to do with the .fo files. We nearly
            upgraded a few months ago, but after much trouble decided to wait
            until FOP's next stable release. Which was 0.20.5 on the 18th of July.

            /Jonas
          • pjak
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "pjak" <pjak@y...> wrote:
              > To export and print pdf's we use a third-party library called FOP.

              In case anyone's interested, a partial list of the changes/bugfixes
              to FOP since the version we used can be found here:

              http://xml.apache.org/fop/changes.html

              /Jonas