RE: [pcgen] GenCon '03 report

  • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 31, 2003
      Hi all,

      >>As Bryan said, thanks to all that came by the booth. There was much
      >>coolness all weekend long (although it felt more like 2 weeks!).

      Hear hear!! It was most fun and entertaining to meet you all 8-)

      >>Out of actual publishers, only WotC had more volunteers... And if you
      >>count the volunteers that were there for only the publishing side (No
      >>Magic or mini's stuff) they weren't even close. We had a total of 23
      >>volunteers... THANK YOU!!!!

      The tribe was huge and vicious, we scared lots of people ;p

      >>As for the record.. Yea, BD broke the new Klingon Jail record at 270
      >>minutes. Between us putting him in and him getting himself out the
      >>Klingons managed to hit 2k$ for their charity (Which was to supply
      >>computers for low income schools, very cool!)... He avoided incarcation
      >>all weekend, finally on Sunday the Klingon, Romulan, and Human *cough*
      >>ladies, tracked him down across the street getting food. Thanks John
      >>for being a Traitor!!! *HUGE Grin*

      I'd like to point out for the record that I was the #1 contributor at well
      over 100 minutes <takes a bow>

      >>There's actually some pictures on CMP's site that the Romulan posted and
      >>a couple others posted by Paul King as well about the CMP party and
      >>ennies he was at. :)

      >>But I think everyone should ask how BD's 'Manliness' went with regards
      >>to trying to hook up with Karianna *evil grin*

      Now, now, lets not give a away all of a girl's secrets <wags finger at
      Mynex> ;p

      Karianna

      TM SB

    • Barak
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 31, 2003
        Well, since I'm one of the ones that ended up nipping out of that flask
        of yours at the end, I'll assume you aren't referring to me. :p

        And yes, there were several that were prime examples of a lack of
        ability to hold their liquor.

        Barak
        ~PCGen BoD
        ~OS Silverback

      • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 31, 2003
          For those who care, the top 5 drinkers (who were drinking from the ever full
          hip flask @ 4am) were:

          Karianna

          Barak

          Chuck

          Art Gopher

          Mynex's #1 Evil Minion aka Nicole

          <evil grin>

          TM SB

          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 1, 2003
            > From: Martijn Verburg (DSLWN) [mailto:MartijnV@...]
            > Subject: RE: [pcgen] Re: GenCon '03 report

            > For those who care, the top 5 drinkers (who were drinking
            > from the ever full hip flask @ 4am) were:

            > Karianna
            >
            > Barak
            >
            > Chuck

            I'm a mick, and there was whiskey and Guinness, what was I supposed to do,
            _abstain_ ?!? It all started when the X-Crawl fella (Brandon) convinced me
            to put down my second Guinness and start doing shots of Jack. *sigh* And
            much fun was had by all.

            *snort*

            There was very little backlash from the outraged drunken email I sent from
            the floor in the suite after having to log in and remote-bounce a server at
            1am (or so) _after_ the fun had begun.

            C-.

            **********************
            ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
            **********************

            This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
            legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
            information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
            or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
            this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
            hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
            or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
            prohibited. If you have received this message in
            error, please immediately notify the sender and
            delete this E-mail message from your computer.