Thrown weapons request

  • pat512@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 30 2:01 PM
      (Last message for now, I promise :-)

      Request for list file entries for thrown weapons.

      Where we have something like Dagger, which has a whole hierarchy of entries -- masterwork, magical, adamantine, etc. Would it be possible to duplicate that hierarchy under the Thrown version of the weapon? I find having the thrown vs. handheld quite helpful.

      Or if I should do it, just let me know that and where to put it.

      Thanks,
      Pat
    • mocha@mcs.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 30 8:08 PM
        Make a separate file for it - if you don't mind, could you include all
        the other melee weapons that double as ranged? I'd like to address
        this in code more elegantly where you can select a weapon and attack
        mode (melee/ranged/unarmed) instead of having to list them
        individually, but listing them that way for now is an easy work-around
        since that bit of coding isn't slated for real soon. When you've got
        the file, put it in Campaign+Central/Bryans Release files. Include it
        in the magic.pcc campaign. Thanks!

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., pat512@y... wrote:
        > (Last message for now, I promise :-)
        >
        > Request for list file entries for thrown weapons.
        >
        > Where we have something like Dagger, which has a whole hierarchy of
        entries -- masterwork, magical, adamantine, etc. Would it be possible
        to duplicate that hierarchy under the Thrown version of the weapon? I
        find having the thrown vs. handheld quite helpful.

        > Or if I should do it, just let me know that and where to put it.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Pat
      • Yosemite Sam
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 30 8:17 PM
          And could you make it so that we can designate how many of each item are
          being carried, as opposed to owned?

          I want to buy 5 tanglefoot bags, but only carry two.

        • mocha@mcs.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 30 8:28 PM
            That will be possible when we get the Items tab done. If it doesn't
            seem like that tab will be dealt with soon I'll go ahead and just put
            a "Split" button, or something like that, in the Equipment tab so you
            can break the same item into multiple entries for just this kind of
            purpose.

            -Bryan

            --- In pcgen@y..., "Yosemite Sam" <churcht@b...> wrote:
            > And could you make it so that we can designate how many of each item are
            > being carried, as opposed to owned?
            >
            > I want to buy 5 tanglefoot bags, but only carry two.

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Mark Hulsman
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 30 9:25 PM
              > Make a separate file for it - if you don't mind, could you include
              all
              > the other melee weapons that double as ranged? I'd like to address
              > this in code more elegantly where you can select a weapon and attack
              > mode (melee/ranged/unarmed) instead of having to list them
              > individually, but listing them that way for now is an easy work-
              around
              > since that bit of coding isn't slated for real soon. When you've got
              > the file, put it in Campaign+Central/Bryans Release files. Include
              it
              > in the magic.pcc campaign. Thanks!

              It seems like we could easily just output 3 different sections for
              weapons on the character sheet, Melee, Ranged, and Thrown. For each
              one it would print any weapon that has that as a type that is
              equipped. Maybe after I work on the item types I can work on this.
            • pat512@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 1, 2001
                --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
                > Make a separate file for it - if you don't mind, could you include all
                > the other melee weapons that double as ranged? I'd like to address
                > this in code more elegantly where you can select a weapon and attack
                > mode (melee/ranged/unarmed) instead of having to list them
                > individually, but listing them that way for now is an easy work-around
                > since that bit of coding isn't slated for real soon. When you've got
                > the file, put it in Campaign+Central/Bryans Release files. Include it
                > in the magic.pcc campaign. Thanks!
                >
                > -Bryan

                Will do.

                Pat

                > --- In pcgen@y..., pat512@y... wrote:
                > > (Last message for now, I promise :-)
                > >
                > > Request for list file entries for thrown weapons.
                > >
                > > Where we have something like Dagger, which has a whole hierarchy of
                > entries -- masterwork, magical, adamantine, etc. Would it be possible
                > to duplicate that hierarchy under the Thrown version of the weapon? I
                > find having the thrown vs. handheld quite helpful.
                > >
                > > Or if I should do it, just let me know that and where to put it.
                > >
                > > Thanks,
                > > Pat
              • Franco, Matthew E
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001
                  There may be a possible bug with the thrown dagger.

                  If you have weapon finesse and equip thrown dagger it adds both your dex for
                  a ranged weapon and weapon finesse bonus giving extra tohit bonuses.

                • mocha@mcs.net
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001
                    Good catch! Erk....
                    I think this will probably get handled at the same time as the bonus
                    stacking issue (which is what this really is). Hopefully Mark can
                    get cvs to work so we can get his code checked in and find out!

                    -Bryan

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001
                      > Good catch! Erk....
                      > I think this will probably get handled at the same time as the
                      bonus
                      > stacking issue (which is what this really is). Hopefully Mark can
                      > get cvs to work so we can get his code checked in and find out!

                      Yeah, I'll work on this too. Still not sure whu I can't get cvs to
                      work, but I'm trying. I'm going to install it on another amchine
                      today and see if it will work there.