Re: Bug: Preview in browser locks up my computer

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2001
      Whenever someone suspects a crash, it's best to use a command prompt
      and cd into the pcgen directory. Then type
      java -jar pcgen.jar
      when a crash occurs a whole bunch of info (called a stack trace) is
      sent to the same window where your command prompt is. Getting a copy
      of that to us developers is *really* helpful. I plan on having that
      output go to the debug tag to make it easier for you to get it to us,
      I'll have that in PCGen 2.0.3

      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@y..., Sdavis@h... wrote:
      > Everytime I try to preview in browser, PCGEN crashes. It works fine
      > if I export and then open the exported file, though. No biggie, just
      > thought I'd mention it.
    • Todd Peterson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2001
        Do you want it to go to the tag, or put it into a logfile, that you can ask
        the user for (that shows date/time of any and every crash of the program).

      • mocha@mcs.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 30, 2001
          It will go to the tab from now on - which reminds me that I should
          have the version of PCGen put there too so we don't have to ask for
          that...

          -Bryan