Re: [pcgen] Re: new PCs -- which starting tab?

  • Brass Tilde
    Message 1 of 35 , Jul 2, 2003
      > Sorry, guys, but I am NOT rehashing the character creation discussion.
      > I have a simple user question:
      >
      > When you make a new PC, should it always open on the Summary tab?

      I withdraw my suggestion, as it was based on an older version of the
      program. I don't see any point in starting anywhere *but* the summary tab
      with the latest versions.

      > I just want your feedback, not start a flame war.

      Party pooper.
    • B. K. Oxley (binkley)
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 4, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:
        > The idea behind Current tab would be: I open John Doe. Go to Equipment. I
        > open Jane Doe, Stays on equipment. I then go to Spells (Jane is a
        > spellcaster.) I then open Jane's friend, Henry Smith, also a spellcaster.
        > Since I was last on the Spells tab, it stays on the Current tab (in this
        > second case, the Spells tab). A moving 'whatever was the last selected tab,
        > not a specific tab that the user happened to be on when they went to
        > preferences.

        Ah, thank you for explaining! I was viewing it as a static setting rather than a dynamic
        one. You have cast the blinders off my eyes. Then I agree that we should have that
        choice.