Re: [pcgen] Re: new PCs -- which starting tab?

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 35 , Jul 2, 2003
      Since you missed the conclusions the last several times this was brought up:

      We can NOT do a Wizard, or a walkthrough of creating a character under the
      d20stl. We could if we were OGL only, but, um, that has some consequences I
      don't think people would want. (The CMP deal hinged on PCGen being under
      the d20stl)

      Therefore, those are OUT. What we have for a walkthrough in the docs is
      about as good as we can get.

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen Data SB and BoD

      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 4, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:
        > The idea behind Current tab would be: I open John Doe. Go to Equipment. I
        > open Jane Doe, Stays on equipment. I then go to Spells (Jane is a
        > spellcaster.) I then open Jane's friend, Henry Smith, also a spellcaster.
        > Since I was last on the Spells tab, it stays on the Current tab (in this
        > second case, the Spells tab). A moving 'whatever was the last selected tab,
        > not a specific tab that the user happened to be on when they went to
        > preferences.

        Ah, thank you for explaining! I was viewing it as a static setting rather than a dynamic
        one. You have cast the blinders off my eyes. Then I agree that we should have that
        choice.