RE: [pcgen] RE: Re: Source Materials

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
      Level Adjustment is OGC. Wizards can't really close it, except for the
      description of what it means. There are Level Adjustments given on the 2
      OGC monsters Wizards released at the back of the MM2.

      We won't be doing any Level Adjustments for Wizard's monsters until such
      time as they put that information into the SRD. Quite likely with the RSRD
      or SRD3.5 or whatever they end up calling it.

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen Data SB and BoD
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Rob Bowell <bowell@r...> wrote:
        > On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Martijn Verburg (DSLWN) wrote:
        >
        > > Once it fully enters the SRD yes.
        >
        > Is Level Adjustment expected to be put in the SRD?
        >
        > When will support for it be removed from the program?

        I'm entering this debate kind of late.... I'm guessing from
        Karianna's statements that Level Adjustment is not in the SRD. I'm
        fairly certain that, if this is the case, that CMP has permission for
        it. So that means we have some wiggle room, but we still need to
        take a look at this issue at a Board of Director's meeting to decide
        how to handle it going forward.

        -Bryan

        > -- Rob Bowell
      • merton_monk
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
          Oh - never mind my last post then. Thanks for the explanation,
          Tir! :)

          -Bryan

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
          wrote:
          > Level Adjustment is OGC. Wizards can't really close it, except for
          the
          > description of what it means. There are Level Adjustments given on
          the 2
          > OGC monsters Wizards released at the back of the MM2.
          >
          > We won't be doing any Level Adjustments for Wizard's monsters until
          such
          > time as they put that information into the SRD. Quite likely with
          the RSRD
          > or SRD3.5 or whatever they end up calling it.
          >
          > Tir Gwaith
          > PCGen Data SB and BoD
        • Smith, Andrew
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
            Just in case anyone was wondering, Level Adjustments and some basic info on playing monsters as characters will be in the new SRD. While it's never been closed, it hasn't really been supported with OGC either. Now you can all get back to making your lizardfolk monks.

            Andy Smith
            Publishing/Licensing
            Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

            wrote:
            > Level Adjustment is OGC. Wizards can't really close it, except for
            the
            > description of what it means. There are Level Adjustments given on
            the 2
            > OGC monsters Wizards released at the back of the MM2.
            >
            > We won't be doing any Level Adjustments for Wizard's monsters until
            such
            > time as they put that information into the SRD. Quite likely with
            the RSRD
            > or SRD3.5 or whatever they end up calling it.
            >
            > Tir Gwaith
            > PCGen Data SB and BoD

          • John Sussenberger
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
              Just to throw myself into the fray (so to speak), there are a lot of publishers that are using the Level Adjustment mechanic and calling it something else. Check out B@stards and Bloodlines by Green Ronin (I think) as an example.

              So there is a precendent on this already.

              merton_monk <merton_monk@...> wrote:
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Rob Bowell <bowell@r...> wrote:
              > On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Martijn Verburg (DSLWN) wrote:
              >
              > > Once it fully enters the SRD yes.
              >
              > Is Level Adjustment expected to be put in the SRD?
              >
              > When will support for it be removed from the program?

              I'm entering this debate kind of late.... I'm guessing from
              Karianna's statements that Level Adjustment is not in the SRD. I'm
              fairly certain that, if this is the case, that CMP has permission for
              it. So that means we have some wiggle room, but we still need to
              take a look at this issue at a Board of Director's meeting to decide
              how to handle it going forward.

              -Bryan

              > -- Rob Bowell

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor