Bug with BONUS:DC|ALL|1 in 5.2

  • John Prevost
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2003
      Hi. I just recently put in a feat that has BONUS:DC|ALL|1 with 5.2,
      and I'm getting... rather unexpected behavior. When I see the DCs
      listed in the spell list in PCGen, they jump up by +4 rather than by
      +1 (raising the DC of a 0th-level spell for a 12th level Cleric with
      18 Wisdom to DC 18 from DC 14, instead of DC 15 as it should be.) In
      the output sheets, it's even worse, and I see DCs more or less
      randomly distributed. I have 0-level spells at DC 19 and DC 20,
      1st-level spells at DC 20-25...

      Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that there's something "fishy"
      here.

      John.
    • John Prevost
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 29, 2003
        An update on the spell DC issue--it seems to work okay if I use a more
        restrictive filter--I made two feats, one for arcane spells and one
        for divine, and now it seems... a lot happier. So it's possible ALL
        is the only problem case.

        John.
      • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 30, 2003
          Can you repost the original problem please? Having problems digging through
          archives in Y! 8-(

          TM SB

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003

            k> Can you repost the original problem please? Having problems
            k> digging through archives in Y! 8-(

            I posted it immediately before that one. :) The problem is that if I
            create a feat with BONUS:DC|ALL|1, I end up with the "DC per spell
            level" summary on the spells tab all at +4 rather than +1 (I haven't
            experimented to see if changing my stats changes how big the error
            is), and if I print out the spells, I get DCs that vary between spells
            in a single spell level. If I use a bonus that only applies to divine
            spells (for my Cleric), everything is good. My supposition (quite
            possibly incorrect) is that the DC bonus is being applied
            independently for several different varieties of "all". (i.e. +1 for
            being divine, +1 for being necromantic, +1 for having the "good"
            subtype, +1 for...) I may be totally off-base there, though.

            You should be able to reproduce the problem easily by creating a
            BONUS:DC|ALL|1 feat, creating a mid-level cleric, and giving the
            cleric that feat. If you're unable to reproduce the problem that way,
            I'll be happy to upload the relevant character sheet and feats file.

            John.