Paladin Weapons

  • halenor2003
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2003
      I'm currently using ver 5.0, and was wondering why the paladin is not
      proficient with the light flail. The lt. flail is a standard
      martial weapon and should be available. I believe this is an
      oversight, somehow, and hope it is fixed soon. Thank-you.
    • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 25, 2003
        Fixed in beta releases, production release 5.2 to come out shortly, it'll be
        fixed in that as well 8-)

        TM SB

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 25, 2003
          And it will be fixed for good prob. in 5.4..... The CMP overhaul has shown
          some interesting things that should improve the official releases once all
          the hoops have been jumped through.

          Tir Gwaith
          PCGen Data SB and BoD
          ~ CMP PCGen Content Manager

          > Fixed in beta releases, production release 5.2 to come out shortly, it'll
          be
          > fixed in that as well 8-)
        • Chagaris, David (N-Ensco)
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 26, 2003
            What is this CMP overhaul you mentioned? Please tell.

            And it will be fixed for good prob. in 5.4..... The CMP overhaul has shown
            some interesting things that should improve the official releases once all
            the hoops have been jumped through.

            Tir Gwaith
            PCGen Data SB and BoD
            ~ CMP PCGen Content Manager

            > Fixed in beta releases, production release 5.2 to come out shortly, it'll
            be
            > fixed in that as well 8-)

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050160
            61:HM/A=1564416/R=0/SIG=11ti81skc/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60164
            797&partid=3170658>

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupmai
            l/S=:HM/A=1564416/rand=277827874>

            <http://pcgen.sourceforge.net>
            <http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen>
            <http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen>

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • j_sheridan
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 26, 2003
              Wild guess...

              CMP has taken some of the code and altered it for their release of
              the WotC licensed products. These changes will be folded back into
              PCGen in the near future.

              That is my guess :)

              -John-

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chagaris, David (N-Ensco)"
              <david.chagaris@l...> wrote:
              > What is this CMP overhaul you mentioned? Please tell.

              <snip>
            • merton_monk
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 26, 2003
                Tir works with the data, not the code, so CMP doesn't have
                any 'special' version of PCGen, nor could it, due to the LGPL license
                it's released under. I suspect that Tir is referring to simply
                having the chance to go over all the data from the ground up, and
                coming up with new ways to do things using existing PCGen
                functionality.

                -Bryan

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "j_sheridan" <j_sheridan@y...> wrote:
                > Wild guess...
                >
                > CMP has taken some of the code and altered it for their release of
                > the WotC licensed products. These changes will be folded back into
                > PCGen in the near future.
                >
                > That is my guess :)
                >
                > -John-
                >
                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chagaris, David (N-Ensco)"
                > <david.chagaris@l...> wrote:
                > > What is this CMP overhaul you mentioned? Please tell.
                > >
                > <snip>
              • Tir Gwaith
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 27, 2003
                  > > > What is this CMP overhaul you mentioned? Please tell.
                  > > >
                  > > <snip>

                  Bryan is right.

                  Basically, since we (the CMP data monkeys and I, not the PCGen Data Team)
                  are redoing the core 3 and Psionics handbook, we are getting to look at
                  EVERYTHING with the eye of how to best do it, esp. with the current code
                  technology, which is a lot better than the way somethings were originally
                  coded. We aren't even looking at the old 2.7.3 stuff, folks (I don't think
                  I can say that enough, those files were ugly anyway.) Since you have to
                  write it totally, all the processes have to happen if anything is to appear
                  in the file.

                  Also cleaning up some weird data that got in there somehow. Like
                  DESCRIPTOR:Water on some SRD spells. There is a Water Domain, but not a
                  Water Descriptor (except for a few spells). I only noticed it when doing a
                  compare between the Spell files I wrote and the SRD stuff.

                  Other things would be getting Psionics to work right (still working on
                  that), making Proficiencies, etc. use the new tags.... And getting rid of
                  the SPECIALS tag. Never liked that, and my new Uncanny Dodge hidden feat is
                  a beauty, if I do say so myself. :)

                  The biggest boon has been having elite access to Wizards for calls on vague
                  stuff. Such as the Favored Enemies for the Ranger. We got those done right
                  now (not in the SRD stuff tho, hoping to do that sometime after GenCon) 8
                  Subtypes of Outsider, and I think 9 Subtypes of Humanoid.

                  The PHB classes in particular now look a bit ugly, but they allow lots of
                  Multi-Class stacking of various abilities like the Monk I did back in
                  December. The big trick will be getting people to NOT do that to normal
                  classes, since everyone copies the core SRD files, and this same
                  functionality will be in the official releases (minus the IP stuff) sometime
                  after GenCon.

                  Ok, everyone have enough of a tease? I can't say anymore. You'll have to
                  wait for the CMP datasets.

                  Andrew McD.
                  a.k.a. Tir Gwaith
                  CMP PCGen Content Manager