[Bug?] Class Lst Editor

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2003
      I was attempting to build the Mystic Theurge (
      http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rs/20030402a ) into PCGen
      via the Class Lst Editor. Now, as can be seen from the class, you
      get to add 1 to your Arcane and Divine spellcasting classes per
      level. When I added this in the editor, I got this in the
      customClasses.lst:

      1 ADD:SPELLCASTER(DIVINE)
      1 ADD:SPELLCASTER(ARCANE)

      Aren't they supposed to be on the same line?

      Also, when adding the BAB and saves, they went on separate lines as
      such:

      CHECKS BONUS:BASE.Fortitude,BASE.Reflex|CL/3
      CHECKS BONUS:BASE.Willpower|CL/2+2
      COMBAT BONUS:BAB|CL/2

      I don't believe this is correct either.

      Can someone help me?

      Paul W. King
      OGL/PL SB and BoD
    • Ian Dale
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <kingpaul@e...> wrote:
        > I was attempting to build the Mystic Theurge (
        > http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rs/20030402a ) into PCGen
        > via the Class Lst Editor. Now, as can be seen from the class, you
        > get to add 1 to your Arcane and Divine spellcasting classes per
        > level. When I added this in the editor, I got this in the
        > customClasses.lst:
        >
        > 1 ADD:SPELLCASTER(DIVINE)
        > 1 ADD:SPELLCASTER(ARCANE)
        >
        > Aren't they supposed to be on the same line?

        Don't have to be. See the Monk entry for an example. ;)

        > Also, when adding the BAB and saves, they went on separate lines as
        > such:
        >
        > CHECKS BONUS:BASE.Fortitude,BASE.Reflex|CL/3
        > CHECKS BONUS:BASE.Willpower|CL/2+2
        > COMBAT BONUS:BAB|CL/2
        >
        > I don't believe this is correct either.

        Was this in the editor, or in the LST? Those should be on the class
        line in the LST file, though it'd be okay for them to be separate in
        the editor.

        -Ian
        LST Gorilla
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2003
          > > 1 ADD:SPELLCASTER(DIVINE)
          > > 1 ADD:SPELLCASTER(ARCANE)
          > >
          > > Aren't they supposed to be on the same line?
          >
          > Don't have to be. See the Monk entry for an example. ;)

          I will do that.

          > > Also, when adding the BAB and saves, they went on separate lines
          > > as such:
          > >
          > > CHECKS BONUS:BASE.Fortitude,BASE.Reflex|CL/3
          > > CHECKS BONUS:BASE.Willpower|CL/2+2
          > > COMBAT BONUS:BAB|CL/2
          > >
          > > I don't believe this is correct either.
          >
          > Was this in the editor, or in the LST? Those should be on the class
          > line in the LST file, though it'd be okay for them to be separate in
          > the editor.

          That was how it outputted in the LST file. I inputted those tags
          from the advanced tab...basically copied what the Wizard had and
          pasted into the editor.

          Paul W. King
          OGL/PL SB and BoD
        • Ian Dale
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2003
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <kingpaul@e...> wrote:
            > > > 1 ADD:SPELLCASTER(DIVINE)
            > > > 1 ADD:SPELLCASTER(ARCANE)
            > > >
            > > > Aren't they supposed to be on the same line?
            > >
            > > Don't have to be. See the Monk entry for an example. ;)
            >
            > I will do that.

            By "example", I meant "example of having insane numbers of class level
            lines". You can have a single option on each class level line, and
            then have multiple lines for each level (such as the above, or the
            Monk's entry). That can make reading the abilities a little easier.

            > > > Also, when adding the BAB and saves, they went on separate lines
            > > > as such:
            > > >
            > > > CHECKS BONUS:BASE.Fortitude,BASE.Reflex|CL/3
            > > > CHECKS BONUS:BASE.Willpower|CL/2+2
            > > > COMBAT BONUS:BAB|CL/2
            > > >
            > > > I don't believe this is correct either.
            > >
            > > Was this in the editor, or in the LST? Those should be on the class
            > > line in the LST file, though it'd be okay for them to be separate in
            > > the editor.
            >
            > That was how it outputted in the LST file. I inputted those tags
            > from the advanced tab...basically copied what the Wizard had and
            > pasted into the editor.

            Maybe that's some undocumented thing? Did you try it, or were you just
            asking because it looked wrong (and I agree, it does look wrong :).
            It's possible that it does work, just isn't something that we've been
            told about.

            -Ian
            LST Gorilla
          • Barak
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 3, 2003

              Could be... Who would expect someone who uses the editor to openit up by
              hand? :p

              I've tried using the editors, and I just find it far easier to do it
              manually...

              Barak
              ~ PCGen BoD
              ~ OS Silverback
            • Paul W. King
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
                > Could be... Who would expect someone who uses the editor to open it
                > up by hand? :p
                >
                > I've tried using the editors, and I just find it far easier to do it
                > manually...

                I might go back to doing that. The reason I opened it up to begin
                with was that once I added my first level of Mystic Theurge, PCGen
                totally and completely froze.

                Paul W. King
                OGL/PL SB and BoD
              • pucspifo
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 9, 2003
                  When I was working on the Mystic Theurge (yesterday) I had no
                  problems getting PC Gen to level up, except that ADD SPELLCASTER
                  (ARCANE) and ADD SPELLCASTER(DIVINE) didn't actually work. I was
                  using the editor. I didn't look at the .lst file to see what it
                  looked like though. Also a bug in the editior, I was occassionally
                  unable to add or delete anything from a class.