Re: Abilities and prerequisites...

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2003
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
      > I'm asking this instead of testing it because I'm sick and going
      back to
      > bed, but does PCGen base prerequisites for feats, classes, etc on
      your
      > base ability scores, or on your abilities after being modified for
      magic
      > items etc?

      It's after all current enhancements are taken into account.

      > The ELH faq points out that you can buy a feat based on magically
      > enhanced stats, although you won't be able to use it if you have to
      take
      > the enhancers off.

      If you qualify for a feat only because of some item (say gloves of
      dexterity), as it currently stands if you take the gloves off, PCGen
      won't know to *not* apply the effects of the feat even though you
      don't qualify for it anymore. I don't think this is special to the
      ELH, it's always been that way (both the actual rule and PCGen's lack
      of strict policing this)

      -Bryan