Re: [pcgen] FREQ: Global skill point multiplier

  • Emily Smirle
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2003
      Chagaris, David (N-Ensco) wrote:
      > In our campaign, we have increased the skill ranks / level by 1.5 times. So
      > a rogue would get 12 points / level to spend and a wizard would get 3. Is
      > it possible, that in a future release. that PCGen could implemt this feature
      > as a tag in a template.

      Is this the base skill ranks, or are the bonus ones from high statistics
      also multiplied? If it's the latter, then I can probably mash that in
      when I feel better. If it's the former you may just want to .MOD all the
      classes. Yes, I know, royal pain.

      --
      Emily Smirle (jerril) Beware, for my Axe
      GMGen Princess will cut you off at the knees.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2003
        Emily
        This would be for the base skill rankseach class has. Basically, if we put
        this in a template, and the multiplier was set to 2, then a rogue would get
        8*2 points / level. A level 1 Human rogue would get (8*2)*4 + 4 skill
        points to spend at level 1.

        thanks,
        Dave

        > In our campaign, we have increased the skill ranks / level by 1.5 times.
        So
        > a rogue would get 12 points / level to spend and a wizard would get 3. Is
        > it possible, that in a future release. that PCGen could implemt this
        feature
        > as a tag in a template.

        Is this the base skill ranks, or are the bonus ones from high statistics
        also multiplied? If it's the latter, then I can probably mash that in
        when I feel better. If it's the former you may just want to .MOD all the
        classes. Yes, I know, royal pain.

        --
        Emily Smirle (jerril) Beware, for my Axe
        GMGen Princess will cut you off at the knees.
        Watch out for the spikes.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupmai
        l/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=124243910>