Abilities and prerequisites...

  • Emily Smirle
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2003
      I'm asking this instead of testing it because I'm sick and going back to
      bed, but does PCGen base prerequisites for feats, classes, etc on your
      base ability scores, or on your abilities after being modified for magic
      items etc?

      The ELH faq points out that you can buy a feat based on magically
      enhanced stats, although you won't be able to use it if you have to take
      the enhancers off.

      I have no idea if this extends to classes or other things (I would
      personally rule no, but I'm in an altered conciousness atm and not to be
      trusted).
      --
      Emily Smirle (jerril) Beware, for my Axe
      GMGen Princess will cut you off at the knees.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
        > I'm asking this instead of testing it because I'm sick and going
        back to
        > bed, but does PCGen base prerequisites for feats, classes, etc on
        your
        > base ability scores, or on your abilities after being modified for
        magic
        > items etc?

        It's after all current enhancements are taken into account.

        > The ELH faq points out that you can buy a feat based on magically
        > enhanced stats, although you won't be able to use it if you have to
        take
        > the enhancers off.

        If you qualify for a feat only because of some item (say gloves of
        dexterity), as it currently stands if you take the gloves off, PCGen
        won't know to *not* apply the effects of the feat even though you
        don't qualify for it anymore. I don't think this is special to the
        ELH, it's always been that way (both the actual rule and PCGen's lack
        of strict policing this)

        -Bryan