Re: [pcgen] Re: [BUG ] & [FREQ] OS, AC tokens for armor/shield messed up

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 3, 2003
      Because it isn't an ehancement that way, it actually modifies the Armor type AC, and there are stacking issues. When we tried it with Enhancments it doesn't work....

      For Example: Bracers of Armor grant an Armor bonus that doesn't stack with normal armors or shields or any enhancements on those items. If we broke them down to Armor and ArmorEhancement, the Bracers of Armor won't work correctly. It would change the Armor, but it could not remove any ArmorEhancement bonuses out there..

      The reason for this is that it isn't an Armor Enhancement bonus, it is an ehancement to the Armor Type bonus. (I know, some people will see me as splitting hairs.)

      And this will be fixed soon (well, partly), but not the way anyone has mentioned. Sorry, but I can not say more on the subject. Enjoy the tease. :p

      And for the record, XML will not fix every problem out there. It is merely a different data format that will allow us to, eventually, beable to convey more information. In this case, XML would do us no good, since it is a stacking issue. Maybe it will

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen Data SB and BoD

      >> Let me guess:
      >>
      >> COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=Armor.REPLACE
      >> COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=ArmorEnhancement.REPLACE
      >> COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=Shield.REPLACE
      >> COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=ShieldEnhancement.REPLACE
      >
      >That looks good and would certainly clean up the problem I mentioned.
      >
      >> (As a side note: Why do we not already do it this way ?)
      >
      >I wonder, too. :-)
      >
      >Regards,
      >Stefan.
    • Michael Tucker
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 3, 2003
        On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 07:37 AM, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
        [snip]

        >> BONUS.COMBAT.AC.COMPETENCE
        >> BONUS.COMBAT.AC.DEFENSE
        >> BONUS.COMBAT.AC.DODGE
        >> BONUS.COMBAT.AC.INSIGHT
        >> BONUS.COMBAT.AC.LUCK
        >
        > And what are these?
        >
        >> BONUS.COMBAT.AC.CLASSDEFENSE
        >> BONUS.COMBAT.AC.EQUIPMENT
        >> BONUS.COMBAT.AC.ENHANCEMENT
        >> BONUS.COMBAT.AC.SIDESTEP
        >> BONUS.COMBAT.AC.TAR
        >> BONUS.COMBAT.AC.TOUGHNESS
        >
        > Regards,
        > Stefan.

        Tir, whatever you're working on, please also remember the following AC
        modifiers:
        * HASTE (a +4 bonus to AC)
        * DEFLECTION
        * NATURAL ARMOR
        * COVER (e.g., from the Shield spell, which conveys a +7 COVER bonus to
        AC)

        Java Kensai / Michael
        (delurking, trying to be helpful)