Re: [BUG ] & [FREQ] OS, AC tokens for armor/shield messed up

  • krazhit
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
      Isn´t he referring to the migration to XML?
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, frugal@p... wrote:
      > <quote who="Tir Gwaith">
      > > Correct, Frugal..
      > >
      > > There isn't a better way to do it at the moment. With certain
      changes
      > > coming up, there won't be a real need, either.
      >
      > Let me guess:
      >
      > COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=Armor.REPLACE
      > COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=ArmorEnhancement.REPLACE
      > COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=Shield.REPLACE
      > COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=ShieldEnhancement.REPLACE
      >
      > Or you will still get problems with being unable to differentiate
      between
      > armour magical bonuses and sheild bonuses.
      >
      > (As a side note: Why do we not already do it this way ?)
      >
      > --
      > regards,
      > Frugal
      > -OS Tamarin
    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, frugal@p... wrote:
        > Let me guess:
        >
        > COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=Armor.REPLACE
        > COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=ArmorEnhancement.REPLACE
        > COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=Shield.REPLACE
        > COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=ShieldEnhancement.REPLACE

        That looks good and would certainly clean up the problem I mentioned.

        > (As a side note: Why do we not already do it this way ?)

        I wonder, too. :-)

        Regards,
        Stefan.
      • frugal@purplewombat.co.uk
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
          <quote who="krazhit">
          > Isn´t he referring to the migration to XML?

          I assumued that he was refering to 3.5. One of the changes that has been
          made public is that sheilds will confer a "Sheild" bonus, rather than an
          "Armour" bonus that has a special case of stacking with "Armour" bonuses
          from actual armour.

          i.e. they have simplified the types of bonus and removed the icky sheilds
          stack with armour, but nothing else stacks with anything rule.

          --
          regards,
          Frugal