Re: [pcgen] [BUG ] & [FREQ] OS, AC tokens for armor/shield messed up

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
      Correct, Frugal..

      There isn't a better way to do it at the moment. With certain changes
      coming up, there won't be a real need, either.

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen Data SB and BoD

    • frugal@purplewombat.co.uk
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
        <quote who="Tir Gwaith">
        > Correct, Frugal..
        >
        > There isn't a better way to do it at the moment. With certain changes
        > coming up, there won't be a real need, either.

        Let me guess:

        COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=Armor.REPLACE
        COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=ArmorEnhancement.REPLACE
        COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=Shield.REPLACE
        COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=ShieldEnhancement.REPLACE

        Or you will still get problems with being unable to differentiate between
        armour magical bonuses and sheild bonuses.

        (As a side note: Why do we not already do it this way ?)

        --
        regards,
        Frugal
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
          Isn´t he referring to the migration to XML?
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, frugal@p... wrote:
          > <quote who="Tir Gwaith">
          > > Correct, Frugal..
          > >
          > > There isn't a better way to do it at the moment. With certain
          changes
          > > coming up, there won't be a real need, either.
          >
          > Let me guess:
          >
          > COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=Armor.REPLACE
          > COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=ArmorEnhancement.REPLACE
          > COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=Shield.REPLACE
          > COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=ShieldEnhancement.REPLACE
          >
          > Or you will still get problems with being unable to differentiate
          between
          > armour magical bonuses and sheild bonuses.
          >
          > (As a side note: Why do we not already do it this way ?)
          >
          > --
          > regards,
          > Frugal
          > -OS Tamarin
        • Stefan Radermacher
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, frugal@p... wrote:
            > Let me guess:
            >
            > COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=Armor.REPLACE
            > COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=ArmorEnhancement.REPLACE
            > COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=Shield.REPLACE
            > COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=ShieldEnhancement.REPLACE

            That looks good and would certainly clean up the problem I mentioned.

            > (As a side note: Why do we not already do it this way ?)

            I wonder, too. :-)

            Regards,
            Stefan.
          • frugal@purplewombat.co.uk
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
              <quote who="krazhit">
              > Isn´t he referring to the migration to XML?

              I assumued that he was refering to 3.5. One of the changes that has been
              made public is that sheilds will confer a "Sheild" bonus, rather than an
              "Armour" bonus that has a special case of stacking with "Armour" bonuses
              from actual armour.

              i.e. they have simplified the types of bonus and removed the icky sheilds
              stack with armour, but nothing else stacks with anything rule.

              --
              regards,
              Frugal