RE: [pcgen] [OS] 513 BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT alters BAB!

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003
      That's because it depends on whether or not it's equipped. I don't
      think the UI checks for that kind of thing at all...

      It reduces the BAB on the OS because it's using COMBAT (generic, affects
      all attacks) instead of WEAPON (specific, affects only the weapon/item
      granting the bonus). If you want it to affect certian groups/types you
      could use BONUS:WEAPONPROF=blah|TOHIT|-1|TYPE=Perception.

      Barak
      PCGen BoD
      OS Silverback

    • frugal@purplewombat.co.uk
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003
        <quote who="Barak">
        > That's because it depends on whether or not it's equipped. I don't
        > think the UI checks for that kind of thing at all...
        >
        > It reduces the BAB on the OS because it's using COMBAT (generic, affects
        > all attacks) instead of WEAPON (specific, affects only the weapon/item
        > granting the bonus). If you want it to affect certian groups/types you
        > could use BONUS:WEAPONPROF=blah|TOHIT|-1|TYPE=Perception.

        The problem is not that the combat bonuses are wrong for all weapons, the
        problem was that the item was able to affect the BAB, and that the BAB on
        the character sheet was different to the BAB in the GUI. This is simply
        because the BAB shown on the character sheets is _not_ the BAB, it is the
        Melee conbat bonus.

        None of the character sheets output the BAB as there is now way to get a
        BAB string, just a BAB number

        --
        regards,
        Frugal
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003

          > I've got this entry in an item "BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT|-1|TYPE=Perception"
          >
          > For some reason, this causes the BAB on output sheets to be reduced by
          > one. That's not reflected in any of the tabs, though.

          Strangely enough, I just fixed that problem a few days ago. Should be in
          the alpha builds on plamberts site or wait for the Wednesday release.
        • Jayme Cox
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003

            > > I've got this entry in an item
            > "BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT|-1|TYPE=Perception"
            > >
            > > For some reason, this causes the BAB on output sheets to be
            > reduced by
            > > one. That's not reflected in any of the tabs, though.
            >
            > Strangely enough, I just fixed that problem a few days ago.

            What I mean by "Fixed" is that BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT now shows up in the
            ATTACK.MELEE.MISC output instead of the ATTACK.MELEE output. Makes more
            sense, as the ATTACK.MELEE is really used for BAB display.