[OS] 513 BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT alters BAB!

  • Phantom of Krankor
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003
      I've got this entry in an item "BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT|-1|TYPE=Perception"

      For some reason, this causes the BAB on output sheets to be reduced by
      one. That's not reflected in any of the tabs, though.

      -Greg G

      =====
      --
      RPN, the other Gaming Network
      http://rpn.homestead.com

      http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • frugal@purplewombat.co.uk
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003
        <quote who="Phantom of Krankor">

        > I've got this entry in an item "BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT|-1|TYPE=Perception"
        >
        > For some reason, this causes the BAB on output sheets to be reduced by
        > one. That's not reflected in any of the tabs, though.

        What gets displayed on all of the sheets except the XSLT sheets is not the
        BAB, it is the Melee attack bonus.

        To get the BAB for an output sheet you need to use: |ATTACK.MELEE.BASE|.
        However, this will giv you a single number ('9') rather than a BAB string
        ('+9/+4'). The only reason that the XSLT sheets cope it tht they can run
        code to convert from one to the other...

        --
        regards,
        Frugal
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003
          Also to get the effect you want, you might be able to use:
          BONUS:TOHIT|TOHIT|-1|TYPE=Perception"

          See:

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, frugal@p... wrote:

          > <quote who="Phantom of Krankor">
          > >
          > > I've got this entry in an item "BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT|-
          1|TYPE=Perception"

          > > For some reason, this causes the BAB on output sheets to be
          reduced by
          > > one. That's not reflected in any of the tabs, though.
          >
          > What gets displayed on all of the sheets except the XSLT sheets is
          not the
          > BAB, it is the Melee attack bonus.
          >
          > To get the BAB for an output sheet you need to use:
          |ATTACK.MELEE.BASE|.
          > However, this will giv you a single number ('9') rather than a BAB
          string
          > ('+9/+4'). The only reason that the XSLT sheets cope it tht they
          can run
          > code to convert from one to the other...
          >
          > --
          > regards,
          > Frugal
          > -OS Tamarin
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003
            That's because it depends on whether or not it's equipped. I don't
            think the UI checks for that kind of thing at all...

            It reduces the BAB on the OS because it's using COMBAT (generic, affects
            all attacks) instead of WEAPON (specific, affects only the weapon/item
            granting the bonus). If you want it to affect certian groups/types you
            could use BONUS:WEAPONPROF=blah|TOHIT|-1|TYPE=Perception.

            Barak
            PCGen BoD
            OS Silverback

          • frugal@purplewombat.co.uk
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003
              <quote who="Barak">
              > That's because it depends on whether or not it's equipped. I don't
              > think the UI checks for that kind of thing at all...
              >
              > It reduces the BAB on the OS because it's using COMBAT (generic, affects
              > all attacks) instead of WEAPON (specific, affects only the weapon/item
              > granting the bonus). If you want it to affect certian groups/types you
              > could use BONUS:WEAPONPROF=blah|TOHIT|-1|TYPE=Perception.

              The problem is not that the combat bonuses are wrong for all weapons, the
              problem was that the item was able to affect the BAB, and that the BAB on
              the character sheet was different to the BAB in the GUI. This is simply
              because the BAB shown on the character sheets is _not_ the BAB, it is the
              Melee conbat bonus.

              None of the character sheets output the BAB as there is now way to get a
              BAB string, just a BAB number

              --
              regards,
              Frugal
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003

                > I've got this entry in an item "BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT|-1|TYPE=Perception"
                >
                > For some reason, this causes the BAB on output sheets to be reduced by
                > one. That's not reflected in any of the tabs, though.

                Strangely enough, I just fixed that problem a few days ago. Should be in
                the alpha builds on plamberts site or wait for the Wednesday release.
              • Jayme Cox
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003

                  > > I've got this entry in an item
                  > "BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT|-1|TYPE=Perception"
                  > >
                  > > For some reason, this causes the BAB on output sheets to be
                  > reduced by
                  > > one. That's not reflected in any of the tabs, though.
                  >
                  > Strangely enough, I just fixed that problem a few days ago.

                  What I mean by "Fixed" is that BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT now shows up in the
                  ATTACK.MELEE.MISC output instead of the ATTACK.MELEE output. Makes more
                  sense, as the ATTACK.MELEE is really used for BAB display.