FROM THE MODERATOR (was RE: [pcgen] Re: PCGen wotc sup coding iss ue)

  • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2003
      Hi all,

      It goes like this:

      1) LST questions should go to PCGenListFileHelp - and stay there 8-). I can
      totally understand if a new poster posts a LST question here first, but it
      should be politely redirected to PCGenListFileHelp group ASAP. They should
      only ever migrate back over to this group if someone didn't get an answer.
      Also remember, a lot of things still can't be done.

      2) You can ask for how to do something, even refer to the feat you are
      talking about so people can understand you better. You just can't go and
      ask how to code the feat in total.

      E.g. 'How do I specify the Base Save (not the total save) of 11+ as a
      Prerequisite as found in the Masters of the Wild Dragon's Toughness' -
      That's ok, and the answer would be a 'PRECHECKBASE:1,Fortitude=11' This is
      asking for how to do a LST thing (one in the docs) with a reference to an
      non-OGC source for clarity. Answers must be kept as short as possible.

      Asking 'How do I code the Dragon's Toughness feat from Masters of the Wild?'
      is not, since you are asking for how to do something that is not OGC. The
      concepts aren't an issue, but asking for a derivative is. That can be the
      same thing as distributing. This second one is the same as asking for a
      file.

      As there is a large gray area between the two it is safest to not even
      mention the non-OGC source, e.g. 'How do I specify the Base Save (not the
      total save) of 11+ as a Prerequisite?'.

      Clear as mud? 8-) Any Q's as always send my way please 8-)

      Karianna

      Moderator