[bug]5.1.3 creative occupation/creative feat

  • gardnern80020
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2003
      Greetings,

      One of my players had decided to take the Creative starting
      occupation. However, when they attempted to add that occupation via
      the Template method, it wasn't there.

      I dug a little thourgh the .lst file and peeked in the book, bringing
      me to the conclusion that there is a conflict somehow with the same
      name being applied to a starting occupation (super special secret
      hidden feat) and a regular run of the mill every day feat.

      I changed the name of the Occupation feat to "Creativee" and it then
      appeared fine in the options list.

      Thanks!

      -Nate
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2003
        Interesting. I _know_ I tested the heck out of it, too. :'(

        Ok, I see the problem. Can you do me a favor and see if it works with a
        "Creative " (space instead) If not, it won't look nice, but I'll make them
        all work. I hope OUTPUTNAME will work with Barak's little snippet of OS
        code on a hidden feat.

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen Data SB and BoD

        > Greetings,
        >
        > One of my players had decided to take the Creative starting
        > occupation. However, when they attempted to add that occupation via
        > the Template method, it wasn't there.
        >
        > I dug a little thourgh the .lst file and peeked in the book, bringing
        > me to the conclusion that there is a conflict somehow with the same
        > name being applied to a starting occupation (super special secret
        > hidden feat) and a regular run of the mill every day feat.
        >
        > I changed the name of the Occupation feat to "Creativee" and it then
        > appeared fine in the options list.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > -Nate
      • gardnern80020
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2003
          Unfortunately "Creative " does not work, it fails to appear in the
          list. Perhaps "Creative Occupation"?

          -Nate

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>