Re: [pcgen] RE: [OS] Pdf exports problem

  • Josue Silverio
    Message 1 of 9 , May 31, 2003
      "D&D" seems likely to be the problem. When trying to process anything
      SGML-based[1] (specifically HTML and XML; XSL-FO -- used to make PDF
      files -- is an XML application) you have to escape the ampersand using a
      character entity. "D&D" has to be written as "D&D" for it to
      process successfully.

      [1] not strictly true, but relatively arcane SGML tricks don't concern
      us here.

      Keith
      --
      Keith Davies
      keith.davies@k...

      PCGen: <reaper/>, smartass

      I knew the D&D was the problem and I was looking everywere but the
      place it were written. How silly! it took me hours to finally realize
      that the name of the root directory were pcgen resides is named "D&D",
      dohhh! what a waste of time.
    • frugal@purplewombat.co.uk
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2003
        <quote who="Josue Silverio">
        > <quote who="Keith Davies">
        >> "D&D" seems likely to be the problem. When trying to process anything
        >> SGML-based[1] (specifically HTML and XML; XSL-FO -- used to make PDF
        >> files -- is an XML application) you have to escape the ampersand using a
        >> character entity. "D&D" has to be written as "D&D" for it to
        >> process successfully.

        > I knew the D&D was the problem and I was looking everywere but the
        > place it were written. How silly! it took me hours to finally realize
        > that the name of the root directory were pcgen resides is named "D&D",
        > dohhh! what a waste of time.

        Right!. Now I can track this down...

        It appears that although there is a filter that will convert from & to
        & when exporting an XML file, it does not do so on the filenames.

        So haivng D&D in the bio, or description will work quite happily, having
        it in the characters portrait will not...

        --
        regards,
        Frugal