Weapon Finess disappears

  • Luvs2Game
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2003
      I have a drow rogue that recently got inflicted with wererat
      lycanthropy. I had to modify the templates a bit but they are close
      to the originals. Anyway.
      My character has weapon finesse with a short sword.
      She gains weapon finesse with a bite with the wererat template.
      Everything works perfectly until I close PCGen and re-open it. The
      weapon finesse for the short sword diappears. It happened again when
      I started over from scratch. Not sure why this is. Any ideas?

      Latest version of PCGen
      Win XP

      Thanks
      CM
    • Leonard Anthony P. Arcilla
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2003
        Just a guess:

        A wererat has two sizes: one Medium-size and one Small. A Small Rogue won't
        be able to apply Weapon Finesse to a shortsword (which is also size Small).

        At 09:42 PM 5/31/2003, you wrote:
        >I have a drow rogue that recently got inflicted with wererat
        >lycanthropy. I had to modify the templates a bit but they are close
        >to the originals. Anyway.
        >My character has weapon finesse with a short sword.
        >She gains weapon finesse with a bite with the wererat template.
        >Everything works perfectly until I close PCGen and re-open it. The
        >weapon finesse for the short sword diappears. It happened again when
        >I started over from scratch. Not sure why this is. Any ideas?
        >
        >Latest version of PCGen
        >Win XP
        >
        >Thanks
        >CM

        ====================
        Leonard Anthony P. Arcilla
        Institute of Computer Science
        University of the Philippines at Los Baños
        Random Punk: http://lap_arcilla.blogspot.com/

        "Without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever come to birth.
        The debt we owe to the play of our imagination is incalculable."
        --Psychological Types, Carl Jung
      • Luvs2Game
        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2003
          Both my rogue and wererat are medium. Only in dire rat form does it
          switch to small. But thanks it was worth it to check.

          CM

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Leonard Anthony P. Arcilla"