Re: [pcgen] OLder and New

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2003
      > I have 2 versions of PCGEN. My older version has information about
      > star wars and other d20 related info, but the newer version doesn't.
      > How can I take the information from my older version and incorporate
      > it to the newer up to date version?

      Very carefully. :p

      Seriously, there have been a lot of functionality changes since then, and
      not all of them are easily scriptable to convert the old files. It takes
      experts like Eric or myself and prob. a few self-taught people out there to
      keep them going.

      Personally, I'd look into CMP, and start picking on Mynex to get Starwars
      back, if you play it.

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen Data SB and BoD
      ~ CMP PCGen Content Manager
    • mat cauthon
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
        wrote:
        > > I have 2 versions of PCGEN. My older version has information about
        > > star wars and other d20 related info, but the newer version
        doesn't.
        > > How can I take the information from my older version and
        incorporate
        > > it to the newer up to date version?
        >
        > Very carefully. :p
        >
        > Seriously, there have been a lot of functionality changes since
        then, and
        > not all of them are easily scriptable to convert the old files. It
        takes
        > experts like Eric or myself and prob. a few self-taught people out
        there to
        > keep them going.
        >
        > Personally, I'd look into CMP, and start picking on Mynex to get
        Starwars
        > back, if you play it.
        >
        > Tir Gwaith
        > PCGen Data SB and BoD
        > ~ CMP PCGen Content Manager

        CMP? But I do have an idea of a star wars generator that a buddy of
        mine has on disk. Maybe just maybe it was similar to what I had.
      • Michael R. Beaver
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2003
          CMP = Code Monkey Publishing. (http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com)

          > > I have 2 versions of PCGEN. My older version has information about
          > > star wars and other d20 related info, but the newer version
          doesn't.
          > > How can I take the information from my older version and
          incorporate
          > > it to the newer up to date version?
          >
          > Very carefully. :p
          >
          > Seriously, there have been a lot of functionality changes since
          then, and
          > not all of them are easily scriptable to convert the old files. It
          takes
          > experts like Eric or myself and prob. a few self-taught people out
          there to
          > keep them going.
          >
          > Personally, I'd look into CMP, and start picking on Mynex to get
          Starwars
          > back, if you play it.
          >
          > Tir Gwaith
          > PCGen Data SB and BoD
          > ~ CMP PCGen Content Manager

          CMP? But I do have an idea of a star wars generator that a buddy of
          mine has on disk. Maybe just maybe it was similar to what I had.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705016061:HM/A=1482387/R=0/SIG=16n0fqf6t/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=1054565259%3eM=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705016061:HM/A=1482387/R=1=1054565259%3eM=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705016061:HM/A=1482387/R=2>
          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=345782521>

        • Paul Grosse
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
            <snip>
            Message: 2
            Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:06:53 -0700
            From: "Michael R. Beaver" <michael@...>
            Subject: RE: Re: OLder and New
            </snip>

            Umm Michael, what were you smoking when you posted that?? :)

            Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
            PCGen OGL Gibbon
            ICQ: 14397299
            AO: Nylan
            Various forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)

            "The Earth is just too small and fragile a basket for the human race
            to keep all it's eggs in." - Robert Heinlein