OLder and New

  • mat cauthon
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2003
      I have 2 versions of PCGEN. My older version has information about
      star wars and other d20 related info, but the newer version doesn't.
      How can I take the information from my older version and incorporate
      it to the newer up to date version?
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 5 , May 30, 2003
        > I have 2 versions of PCGEN. My older version has information about
        > star wars and other d20 related info, but the newer version doesn't.
        > How can I take the information from my older version and incorporate
        > it to the newer up to date version?

        Very carefully. :p

        Seriously, there have been a lot of functionality changes since then, and
        not all of them are easily scriptable to convert the old files. It takes
        experts like Eric or myself and prob. a few self-taught people out there to
        keep them going.

        Personally, I'd look into CMP, and start picking on Mynex to get Starwars
        back, if you play it.

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen Data SB and BoD
        ~ CMP PCGen Content Manager
      • mat cauthon
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2003
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
          wrote:
          > > I have 2 versions of PCGEN. My older version has information about
          > > star wars and other d20 related info, but the newer version
          doesn't.
          > > How can I take the information from my older version and
          incorporate
          > > it to the newer up to date version?
          >
          > Very carefully. :p
          >
          > Seriously, there have been a lot of functionality changes since
          then, and
          > not all of them are easily scriptable to convert the old files. It
          takes
          > experts like Eric or myself and prob. a few self-taught people out
          there to
          > keep them going.
          >
          > Personally, I'd look into CMP, and start picking on Mynex to get
          Starwars
          > back, if you play it.
          >
          > Tir Gwaith
          > PCGen Data SB and BoD
          > ~ CMP PCGen Content Manager

          CMP? But I do have an idea of a star wars generator that a buddy of
          mine has on disk. Maybe just maybe it was similar to what I had.
        • Michael R. Beaver
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2, 2003
            CMP = Code Monkey Publishing. (http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com)

            > > I have 2 versions of PCGEN. My older version has information about
            > > star wars and other d20 related info, but the newer version
            doesn't.
            > > How can I take the information from my older version and
            incorporate
            > > it to the newer up to date version?
            >
            > Very carefully. :p
            >
            > Seriously, there have been a lot of functionality changes since
            then, and
            > not all of them are easily scriptable to convert the old files. It
            takes
            > experts like Eric or myself and prob. a few self-taught people out
            there to
            > keep them going.
            >
            > Personally, I'd look into CMP, and start picking on Mynex to get
            Starwars
            > back, if you play it.
            >
            > Tir Gwaith
            > PCGen Data SB and BoD
            > ~ CMP PCGen Content Manager

            CMP? But I do have an idea of a star wars generator that a buddy of
            mine has on disk. Maybe just maybe it was similar to what I had.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705016061:HM/A=1482387/R=0/SIG=16n0fqf6t/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=1054565259%3eM=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705016061:HM/A=1482387/R=1=1054565259%3eM=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705016061:HM/A=1482387/R=2>
            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=345782521>

          • Paul Grosse
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
              <snip>
              Message: 2
              Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:06:53 -0700
              From: "Michael R. Beaver" <michael@...>
              Subject: RE: Re: OLder and New
              </snip>

              Umm Michael, what were you smoking when you posted that?? :)

              Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
              PCGen OGL Gibbon
              ICQ: 14397299
              AO: Nylan
              Various forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)

              "The Earth is just too small and fragile a basket for the human race
              to keep all it's eggs in." - Robert Heinlein