RE: [pcgen] Re: PCGen wotc sup coding issue

  • Anestis Kozakis
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2003
      At 09:15 -0400 2003/05/30, Cameron Guill wrote:
      >Actually, I believe it has been said on several occasions that you can
      >ask for help building a file. He is not asking for someone else’s work.
      >He is asking for someone’s help with a specific problem. It may involve
      >wotc’s IP, BUT he is not violating that in any way. He is using his
      >fair usage rights to create a lst file. If he asked for someone else’s
      >file, then that would be bad, but asking for help about a specific item
      >is not.
      >
      >At no point did he ask for your data file. That would have been wrong.
      >
      >He should not have to post at CMP site, since he is asking a PCGen lst
      >file question. If he had asked about getting an entire file, CMP’s site
      >would have been the place. If he had asked about how to create it in
      >XML, the XML group would have been the place. Since he asked for it in
      >lst format, and only a single item, not even an entire class, but a
      >single class feature, this should be the place. Now he might also be
      >able to get assistance at CMP.
      >
      >IANAL

      This list is about PCGen, the free version, with the SRD datasets,
      which has no WotC IP. This list is about being able to ask for help
      running the program, reporting bugs, and asking for features and
      additions.

      What the person was asking for was WotC IP.

      He was also asking a coding issue.

      A coding issue should be asked, in generic format, on the coding list.

      A WotC IP issue should be asked on the Code Monkey Publishing forum
      on the CMP site.

      These are the rules as have been set down for this list by the
      creators and maintainers of this list.

      Hence, krazhit was correct in his response.

      Zen Archery is from a Builder Book, and hence, is WotC IP, and should
      not be discussed here.

      >Cameron Guill (Arnix ™ )

      Anestis.

      --
      kenosti@...
      "No brilliance is needed in the law. Nothing but common sense,