Creating a Brand New Item

  • Derek J. Balling
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2003
      Is there any way to create a brand new item that isn't a variant of
      some other item? (e.g., if I wanted to add a completely new armor type).

      I can't see any easy way to do this, but maybe I'm blind. :-/

    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2003
        I'll prob. get mobbed for saying this, but....

        Get out a nice text editor. Pull up the docs.. Start writing. :p

        Honestly, don't know with the editors. The editors were designed for the
        LST programming challenged (In my mind), so creating something from
        scratched might be beyond them.

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen BoD
        Data Silverback

        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2003
          On Saturday, May 3, 2003, at 04:27 PM, Tir Gwaith wrote:

          > I'll prob. get mobbed for saying this, but....
          >
          > Get out a nice text editor. Pull up the docs.. Start writing. :p

          Hmm, I might have thought that, if I hadn't seen, in large friendly
          letters:

          #This file auto-generated by PCGen. Do not edit manually.

          in customEquipment.lst ... also, all the items seem to have "BASEITEM:"
          tags, which (for someone unfamiliar with editing the base format) makes
          one wonder how to build a new item without such. :-)

          > Honestly, don't know with the editors. The editors were designed for
          > the
          > LST programming challenged (In my mind), so creating something from
          > scratched might be beyond them.

          Actually, there isn't an LST editor for items (that I can see). There's
          only the "create new item" right-click option on existing items.

          A real LST editor would probably be very spiffy for the "New" feature
          it would have. :-)

        • Tommy Williams
          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2003
            You'll need to hand-code all new files outside the LST editors until they get an equipment editor in PCGen itself.

            You'll need to make something like a MyCampaign.pcc containing an EQUIP line for a MCequip.lst. Then make that .LST file with your new gear in it.
            On Saturday, May 3, 2003, at 04:27 PM, Tir Gwaith wrote:

            > I'll prob. get mobbed for saying this, but....
            >
            > Get out a nice text editor. Pull up the docs.. Start writing. :p

            Hmm, I might have thought that, if I hadn't seen, in large friendly
            letters:

            #This file auto-generated by PCGen. Do not edit manually.

            in customEquipment.lst ... also, all the items seem to have "BASEITEM:"
            tags, which (for someone unfamiliar with editing the base format) makes
            one wonder how to build a new item without such. :-)

            > Honestly, don't know with the editors. The editors were designed for
            > the
            > LST programming challenged (In my mind), so creating something from
            > scratched might be beyond them.

            Actually, there isn't an LST editor for items (that I can see). There's
            only the "create new item" right-click option on existing items.

            A real LST editor would probably be very spiffy for the "New" feature
            it would have. :-)

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor