Re: [pcgen] D20 Modern & Feats

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2003
      >When exporting to PDF, all of the feats give the
      >description "See Text"

      If you check out the SRD feags, you will see the same thing. The One line descriptions for the feats are not OGC. The CMP datasets will have the one lines, since CMP has license for those descriptions. No publishers have permission under the OGL (though I believe Kenzer has permission under their D&D license, but that is a guess.)

      We limit doing any Mechanics in feat DESCriptions, since that could make having the book obsolete. We strive to be publisher friendly, so the Feat DESCs and Spell EFFECTS will only be the one-liners, which usually don't include mechanics. When a source doesn't have a one-liner that is permissable to use (either through PI special permission or OGC), then we leave it as 'See Text'.

      >Certain feats are not applied, for example if I create
      >a character with the Brawl feat, it does not change
      >unarmed attack to 1d6 damage, nor does it apply the +1
      >to attack rolls.

      The Brawl stuff was left out, since there are two ways of doing Unarmed damage, depending on what feats are chosen and how they are used. I do intend to get back to those, but I didn't feel they were critical for putting into release. There are comments at the top of the msrdfeats.lst on that (or there were a while back, not sure if they are still there.

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen BoD
      Data Silverback