[BUG] Re: PCGen 5.1.0 is available

  • Hugo
    Message 1 of 12 , May 2, 2003
      Looks like the miscinfo.lst file was updated for this release to fix
      the doc pointer CONTEXT tags but some other fixes/changes were
      undone, specifically the addition of SPELLRANGE tags and the
      depracation of the SHOWTAB tags. Only the DnD gamemode was affected.

      Hugo
      LST Chimp stuck in the body of Saguinus Imperator

    • kigmatzomat
      Message 2 of 12 , May 2, 2003

        > Features
        > 464508 Allow .pcc and .lst files to be URL's

        ??? Does PCGen now have web browser functionality or is this a
        "\\server3\users\bob\pcgen\" type of URL?

        -James McP
      • Brass Tilde
        Message 3 of 12 , May 2, 2003
          > > 464508 Allow .pcc and .lst files to be URL's
          >
          > ??? Does PCGen now have web browser functionality or is this a
          > "\\server3\users\bob\pcgen\" type of URL?

          If using that directly doesn't work, try something like:

          file://\\server3\users\bob\pcgen\test.lst
        • krazhit
          Message 4 of 12 , May 2, 2003
            \\server3\users\bob\pcgen\is a UNC, URL is always (I *think*) a
            internet address.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kigmatzomat" <kigmatzomat@h...> wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...>
            wrote:

            > > Features
            > > 464508 Allow .pcc and .lst files to be URL's
            >
            > ??? Does PCGen now have web browser functionality or is this a
            > "\\server3\users\bob\pcgen\" type of URL?
            >
            > -James McP
          • Emily Smirle
            Message 5 of 12 , May 2, 2003

              It can handle http://pcgen.kicks-ass.org/myPCC/mycamp.pcc style ones, too ;)
              --
              "Is he an evil outsider?"
              "Well, he was one of the loners in evil kindergarten..."
              Message 6 of 12 , May 2, 2003
                When I clicked on that link, it led me to a porn site. Now I'm gonna get
                fired from my job. Thanks for nothing!

                ;-)

                {i was joking}

                >>>464508 Allow .pcc and .lst files to be URL's
                >>
                >>??? Does PCGen now have web browser functionality or is this a
                >>"\\server3\users\bob\pcgen\" type of URL?

                It can handle http://pcgen.kicks-ass.org/myPCC/mycamp.pcc
                <http://pcgen.kicks-ass.org/myPCC/mycamp.pcc> style ones, too ;)
                --
                "Is he an evil outsider?"
                "Well, he was one of the loners in evil kindergarten..."

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupmai
                l/S=:HM/A=1554463/rand=298691372>

                <http://pcgen.sourceforge.net>
                <http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen>
                <http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen>

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

              • merton_monk
                Message 7 of 12 , May 2, 2003
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Brass Tilde" <brasstilde@i...> wrote:
                  > > > 464508 Allow .pcc and .lst files to be URL's
                  > >
                  > > ??? Does PCGen now have web browser functionality or is this a
                  > > "\\server3\users\bob\pcgen\" type of URL?
                  >
                  > If using that directly doesn't work, try something like:
                  >
                  > file://\\server3\users\bob\pcgen\test.lst

                  You have to turn on the URL functionality, at least that's how it was
                  requested to be done. :)

                  You can't do 'browsing' per se, but you can reference data on the web
                  if you know its location.

                  -Bryan
                • kigmatzomat
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 2, 2003
                    - In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r> wrote:

                    > > > ??? Does PCGen now have web browser functionality?

                    > > It can handle http://pcgen.kicks-ass.org/myPCC/mycamp.pcc

                    > You have to turn on the URL functionality, at least that's how it
                    > was requested to be done. :)
                    > You can't do 'browsing' per se, but you can reference data on the
                    > web if you know its location.

                    SWEET!

                    [begins doing Peanuts-style happy dance]

                    This needs serious promotion! I can finally have a chance of the
                    players having the latest custom datasets. Happy day!

                    Alternately beta data files could be tested easier or publishers could
                    get an idea for the demand by checking connection logs. Many, many
                    uses here!

                    -James McP
                  • Jayme Cox
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 2, 2003
                      > > It can handle http://pcgen.kicks-ass.org/myPCC/mycamp.pcc
                      >
                      > This needs serious promotion! I can finally have a chance of the
                      > players having the latest custom datasets. Happy day!

                      In addition, you can now have .pcc files that reference other .pcc
                      files. So I distribute a 'jj-webload.pcc' file to our group with lines
                      like:

                      PCC:http://www.reality.net/pcgen/jj-custom.pcc
                      PCC:http://www.reality.net/pcgen/xyz.pcc

                      And then in 'jj-custom.pcc' are lines like:

                      SKILL:http://www.reality.net/pcgen/jj-custom/jjskills.lst
                      SPELL:http://www.reality.net/pcgen/jj-custom/jjspells.lst

                      So I only have to distribute the ONE jj-webload.pcc file ONCE and then I
                      can change anything I'd like behind the scenes and the entire group gets
                      the changes when they fire up PCGen.

                      It ROCKS!
                    • merton_monk
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 2, 2003
                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kigmatzomat" <kigmatzomat@h...> wrote:
                        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...>
                        wrote:

                        > > > It can handle http://pcgen.kicks-ass.org/myPCC/mycamp.pcc
                        >
                        > > You have to turn on the URL functionality, at least that's how it
                        > > was requested to be done. :)
                        > > You can't do 'browsing' per se, but you can reference data on the
                        > > web if you know its location.
                        >
                        > SWEET!
                        >
                        > [begins doing Peanuts-style happy dance]
                        >
                        > This needs serious promotion! I can finally have a chance of the
                        > players having the latest custom datasets. Happy day!
                        >
                        > Alternately beta data files could be tested easier or publishers
                        could
                        > get an idea for the demand by checking connection logs. Many, many
                        > uses here!

                        Hm - I hadn't thought about making use of the connection log aspect.
                        This is very useful for those groups that are dispersed (like mine).

                        -Bryan

                        > -James McP
                      • telgarfr
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 3, 2003
                          There is no link to this message (on the forum) on the main
                          sourceforge page... (http://pcgen.sourceforge.com)

                          Seb