PCGen 5.1.0 is available

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1, 2003
      PCGen is a Java-based RPG character generator and
      maintenance program that works on all platforms (Windows,
      Mac OS X, Linux, etc). All datafiles are ASCII so they can be
      modified by users, and are available through the pcgendm
      project. An XML conversion is underway.

      For users who have trouble getting the 3 zip files
      to unzip properly, we have some OS-specific installs that
      should help minimize the chance of install related errors.
      Links to these installs can be found at:
      20Releases/
      These are the same PCGen everyone else uses, just packaged
      with installers which target Windows and Mac OS X users
      specifically. Typically there is a lag between when the
      official release is done and when these special installers
      are ready.

      We always recommend that users install new versions of
      PCGen in a 'new' directory.

      This is the first beta release since the production release of
      5.0 (and the subsequent patch 5.0.1). This contains all the data
      that the prior beta release, 4.3.10, had with one major difference:
      D20 Modern is included! Yay! A lot of data monkeys get some big
      pats on the back because they put a lot of time into getting
      this ready for your enjoyment. :)

      All the monkeys have been busy, as you'll see the lists of fixed
      items are rather long. You'll be hearing a bit more about feature
      725999 in the near future.

      Below is a list of everything that has been
      addressed in this release. If you reported one
      of these, please verify that it is was addressed
      properly. PCGen is available at
      http://pcgen.sourceforge.net , and the main
      discussion group is at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen . If you wish to discuss
      making your own custom lst files for use with PCGen, the data
      monkeys have made their home at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgenlistfilehelp and they
      pride themselves in being able to field all questions about the
      data - from very basic to very advanced. All three zips are
      required to run PCGen:
      pcgen510_part1of3.zip, pcgen510_part2of3.zip and
      pcgen510_part3of3.zip.

      Bugs
      714808 Cannot export to PDF on Windows
      721793 Can edit Qty for the EquipSet itself
      722921 ADD:VFEAT not working properly
      715819 LST converter does not handle PRESTAT
      722797 Sorcerer Know Spells Bug
      721920 Right Click in Spells - PopUp - but command does not work
      722207 Cannot equip free set of clothing
      722735 save BASE bonuses not added except from Race and Classes
      722358 [4.3.9] Onload java error

      Features
      464508 Allow .pcc and .lst files to be URL's
      728123 Expand CONTENTS functionality
      707022 Prefs, manual typing of locations
      725278 Add more real world random name files
      726321 Add TYPE output token to feats
      725999 GMGen compliancy update
      615983 Templates support natural attacks
      722912 system files - Modern Game Mode

      PCGen:DM Bugs
      714565 Bug in srdequipmodsmundane
      714315 Chaotic spell descriptor inconsistent
      681796 Dragonstar races missing type
      701599 PREreqs for Psionic PrC's wrong Base Power Points.
      720806 SRD - Vest of Escape missing Open Locks competence bonus
      720807 Random selection for hair misspelling
      714723 Ex Barbarians and Uncanny Dodge
      719612 Lantern Archon is misspelled
      721114 SRD - Missing Oathbow
      714460 Incorporeal creature's melee attack bonus incorrect
      727308 SRD - Familars as Equipment workaround can be removed
      726663 PI designations: AEG War
      726526 PI designations: AEG Evil
      726494 PI designations: AEG Dragons
      722076 Space typo in SmiteGood
      723567 Sidewinder missing Sec. 15 info

      PCGen:DM Tag Addition Requests
      588854 Familiars granting SA/BONUS to master

      PCGen:DM New Source Material
      635504 WotC, d20 Modern, MSRD

      PCGen:DM List File Fixes
      728057 Errors in some TEMPLATE's VISION tags
      727145 AvalanchePress Black Flags cleanup
      721605 Add DC to Heighten Feat

      PCGen:DM Tag Modification Requests
      727727 Avalanche Press - Black Flags to /d20ogl/
      727698 Move Mythic Races to /d20ogl/

      PCGenDocs: Output Sheet Bugs
      726858 AC on Moden csheet is incorrect
      724439 base.xml - shields included twice
      724434 base.xml - some loops out by one
      725612 base.xml not included in releases
      724435 base.xml does not contain birth place

      PCGenDocs: Output Sheet Feature Requests
      665074 TOKEN# vs. TOKEN.#
      725784 STRLEN for use in FOR tokens
      702680 Post Export Sheet processing
      723120 D20 Modern PDF sheet
      713866 Add Paladin "Lay On Hands" to PDF sheets
      721997 Break out Shield AC
      724721 Update the OpenRPG sheet
      632987 D20 Modern Character Sheet

      PCGenDocs: Documentation Feature Requests
      727365 STRLEN for use in FOR tokens
      633438 Output Sheet Walkthrough/How To
      726717 Add TYPE output token to feats
      698371 Add missing Misc Tags
      709289 MOVE, MOVEA and MOVECLONE global
      723860 The NATURALATTACKS: tag can now be used in Template.lst
      709115 PCC - Campaign/Publisher/Source changes
      722660 Campaign Lst Editor
      695476 Add BONUS:SIZEMOD|NUMBER|x
      665303 Biosettings doco
      710360 BONUS:MISC
      711098 BONUS:STAT|BASESPELLSTAT
      711100 BONUS:DC|ALL|
      722661 GAMEMODE replaces GAME
      722654 SETTING tag in pcc and filter
      722652 GENRE tag in PCC and filter
      673066 How-To for skinning

      PCGenDocs: Documentation Bugs
      699576 ed mod PRETYPE tag not fully documented
      723079 BONUS:DC not documented yet (not BONUS:SPELL|DC)
      668937 Walthrough incorrect

      The PCGen Development Team
    • Hugo
      Message 2 of 12 , May 2, 2003
        Looks like the miscinfo.lst file was updated for this release to fix
        the doc pointer CONTEXT tags but some other fixes/changes were
        undone, specifically the addition of SPELLRANGE tags and the
        depracation of the SHOWTAB tags. Only the DnD gamemode was affected.

        Hugo
        LST Chimp stuck in the body of Saguinus Imperator

      • kigmatzomat
        Message 3 of 12 , May 2, 2003

          > Features
          > 464508 Allow .pcc and .lst files to be URL's

          ??? Does PCGen now have web browser functionality or is this a
          "\\server3\users\bob\pcgen\" type of URL?

          -James McP
        • Brass Tilde
          Message 4 of 12 , May 2, 2003
            > > 464508 Allow .pcc and .lst files to be URL's
            >
            > ??? Does PCGen now have web browser functionality or is this a
            > "\\server3\users\bob\pcgen\" type of URL?

            If using that directly doesn't work, try something like:

            file://\\server3\users\bob\pcgen\test.lst
          • krazhit
            Message 5 of 12 , May 2, 2003
              \\server3\users\bob\pcgen\is a UNC, URL is always (I *think*) a
              internet address.

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kigmatzomat" <kigmatzomat@h...> wrote:
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...>
              wrote:

              > > Features
              > > 464508 Allow .pcc and .lst files to be URL's
              >
              > ??? Does PCGen now have web browser functionality or is this a
              > "\\server3\users\bob\pcgen\" type of URL?
              >
              > -James McP
            • Emily Smirle
              Message 6 of 12 , May 2, 2003

                It can handle http://pcgen.kicks-ass.org/myPCC/mycamp.pcc style ones, too ;)
                --
                "Is he an evil outsider?"
                "Well, he was one of the loners in evil kindergarten..."
                Message 7 of 12 , May 2, 2003
                  When I clicked on that link, it led me to a porn site. Now I'm gonna get
                  fired from my job. Thanks for nothing!

                  ;-)

                  {i was joking}

                  >>>464508 Allow .pcc and .lst files to be URL's
                  >>
                  >>??? Does PCGen now have web browser functionality or is this a
                  >>"\\server3\users\bob\pcgen\" type of URL?

                  It can handle http://pcgen.kicks-ass.org/myPCC/mycamp.pcc
                  <http://pcgen.kicks-ass.org/myPCC/mycamp.pcc> style ones, too ;)
                  --
                  "Is he an evil outsider?"
                  "Well, he was one of the loners in evil kindergarten..."

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupmai
                  l/S=:HM/A=1554463/rand=298691372>

                  <http://pcgen.sourceforge.net>
                  <http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen>
                  <http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen>

                  <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                • merton_monk
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 2, 2003
                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Brass Tilde" <brasstilde@i...> wrote:
                    > > > 464508 Allow .pcc and .lst files to be URL's
                    > >
                    > > ??? Does PCGen now have web browser functionality or is this a
                    > > "\\server3\users\bob\pcgen\" type of URL?
                    >
                    > If using that directly doesn't work, try something like:
                    >
                    > file://\\server3\users\bob\pcgen\test.lst

                    You have to turn on the URL functionality, at least that's how it was
                    requested to be done. :)

                    You can't do 'browsing' per se, but you can reference data on the web
                    if you know its location.

                    -Bryan
                  • kigmatzomat
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 2, 2003
                      - In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r> wrote:

                      > > > ??? Does PCGen now have web browser functionality?

                      > > It can handle http://pcgen.kicks-ass.org/myPCC/mycamp.pcc

                      > You have to turn on the URL functionality, at least that's how it
                      > was requested to be done. :)
                      > You can't do 'browsing' per se, but you can reference data on the
                      > web if you know its location.

                      SWEET!

                      [begins doing Peanuts-style happy dance]

                      This needs serious promotion! I can finally have a chance of the
                      players having the latest custom datasets. Happy day!

                      Alternately beta data files could be tested easier or publishers could
                      get an idea for the demand by checking connection logs. Many, many
                      uses here!

                      -James McP
                    • Jayme Cox
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 2, 2003
                        > > It can handle http://pcgen.kicks-ass.org/myPCC/mycamp.pcc
                        >
                        > This needs serious promotion! I can finally have a chance of the
                        > players having the latest custom datasets. Happy day!

                        In addition, you can now have .pcc files that reference other .pcc
                        files. So I distribute a 'jj-webload.pcc' file to our group with lines
                        like:

                        PCC:http://www.reality.net/pcgen/jj-custom.pcc
                        PCC:http://www.reality.net/pcgen/xyz.pcc

                        And then in 'jj-custom.pcc' are lines like:

                        SKILL:http://www.reality.net/pcgen/jj-custom/jjskills.lst
                        SPELL:http://www.reality.net/pcgen/jj-custom/jjspells.lst

                        So I only have to distribute the ONE jj-webload.pcc file ONCE and then I
                        can change anything I'd like behind the scenes and the entire group gets
                        the changes when they fire up PCGen.

                        It ROCKS!
                      • merton_monk
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 2, 2003
                          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kigmatzomat" <kigmatzomat@h...> wrote:
                          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...>
                          wrote:

                          > > > It can handle http://pcgen.kicks-ass.org/myPCC/mycamp.pcc
                          >
                          > > You have to turn on the URL functionality, at least that's how it
                          > > was requested to be done. :)
                          > > You can't do 'browsing' per se, but you can reference data on the
                          > > web if you know its location.
                          >
                          > SWEET!
                          >
                          > [begins doing Peanuts-style happy dance]
                          >
                          > This needs serious promotion! I can finally have a chance of the
                          > players having the latest custom datasets. Happy day!
                          >
                          > Alternately beta data files could be tested easier or publishers
                          could
                          > get an idea for the demand by checking connection logs. Many, many
                          > uses here!

                          Hm - I hadn't thought about making use of the connection log aspect.
                          This is very useful for those groups that are dispersed (like mine).

                          -Bryan

                          > -James McP
                        • telgarfr
                          Message 12 of 12 , May 3, 2003
                            There is no link to this message (on the forum) on the main
                            sourceforge page... (http://pcgen.sourceforge.com)

                            Seb