[OT] Re: Anyone Hiring in Florida?

  • cyberfunkr
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1, 2003
      I too am now in the same boat. I worked for a software development
      company in San Diego. Of our 8 man development team, they laid off 6
      because they were having problems meeting payroll. So the entire
      programming staff consists of the VP in charge, and 1 programmer. Wheee.

      So far the only call back I've gotten paid almost exactly the same as
      my unemployment check... *sigh*

      /Cyberfunkr

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <kingpaul@e...> wrote:
      > > This economy has to start turning around soon.
      >
      > I agree. However, my MBA profs were predicting that it should turn
      > around 1Q this year, which turns out that they were mistaken.
      >
      > Paul W. King
      > OGL/PL SB and BoD
    • bd_92
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1, 2003
        > So far the only call back I've gotten paid almost exactly the same
        as
        > my unemployment check... *sigh*
        >
        > /Cyberfunkr

        might be like me, i can get a job tommorow driving a truck but it
        doesn't pay that grand, i've got a job interview tommorow for a
        bank, it's investmnet banking or some such. They'll pay me more to
        sit and learn and study than unemployment so it'll work for me till
        i find something more techy. But if i like it i can set my own
        destiny. We shall see! Wish me luck!
      • Loyal
        Message 3 of 13 , May 2, 2003
          My company has 4 open software development/QA positions in Biloxi, MS.

          http://www.sl-tech.net/about/jobs.htm

          I know it's not Florida or Texas, but it is almost halfway in
          between... hehehe.

          -Loyal