Re: [pcgen] PCGenView for non-windows

  • Tim Evans
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2003
      Hello Brad,

      B> The PCGenView points to a windows EXE as the installation method. Is
      B> there a way to go about installing PCGV on my palm without windows?

      There is but the problem will be that the conduit used to move your
      characters from pcgen to pcgenview is a windows program, and it's not
      written by me :(

      --
      Best regards,
      Tim mailto:pcgenview@...
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Tim Evans <groups@t...> wrote:
        > <b>There is</b> but the problem will be that the conduit used to
        move your
        > characters from pcgen to pcgenview is a windows program, and it's not
        > written by me :(

        Long story short, no dice? If it's possible to get the contact info
        for the coder of the Windows version, I'd be happy to port it to Linux
        and make that available to you.
      • Tim Evans
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2003
          Hello Brad,

          Friday, May 2, 2003, 3:58:53 AM, you wrote:

          B> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Tim Evans <groups@t...> wrote:
          >> <b>There is</b> but the problem will be that the conduit used to
          B> move your
          >> characters from pcgen to pcgenview is a windows program, and it's not
          >> written by me :(

          B> Long story short, no dice? If it's possible to get the contact info
          B> for the coder of the Windows version, I'd be happy to port it to Linux
          B> and make that available to you.

          Its a commercial product, produced by a company called CASLsoft, you
          could always ask them, but I'm not optimistic :(

          --
          Best regards,
          Tim mailto:pcgenview@...