Re: Simple question

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 17 , May 1, 2003
      Or you could create a template that has a +2 in each of the specified
      skills and apply that to each character. Creating this template in
      the template Lst Editor shouldn't be hard. Manually upping their
      ranks in the skills tab works, but may cause problems with regards to
      Max Ranks. You coul create a Custom item that has a +2 in each of the
      skills and make sure that everyone equips one (make it a non-slot
      item, like a gold coin)

      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tommy Williams" <aarn_d@h...> wrote:
      > Easiest way would be to manually add 2 points to your skill points
      at the bottom of the skills tab. Then just add the skill as you
      normally would, unless its a cross class skill for you. In that case,
      you'll need to add 4 points.

      Service.

    • Daniel Fenwick
      Message 2 of 17 , May 1, 2003
        Thanks for the suggestions. :)

        Dan
      • Luc Holland
        Message 3 of 17 , May 1, 2003
          Where do I find how PC Gen handles levels for characters? Is it modifiable?

          TIA,
          Luc
        • merton_monk
          Message 4 of 17 , May 1, 2003
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Luc Holland <holland@c...> wrote:
            > Where do I find how PC Gen handles levels for characters? Is it
            modifiable?

            Very modifiable. What about the levels did you want to modify, and
            for which class(es)?

            -Bryan

            > TIA,
            > Luc
          • Luc Holland
            Message 5 of 17 , May 3, 2003
              I was wondering (pre-ELH inclusion) how I could get levels 21-24 (or higher)
              available for any class, but specifically cleric for 3ed. What files do I
              need to look at? I looked at most files and found
              PCGen\system\gameModes\DnD\level.lst but in PCGen it won't allow me to add a
              level past 20 in a class.

              Luc

            • Tommy Williams
              Message 6 of 17 , May 5, 2003
                To go past level 20, you have to check the "ignore level caps" or somesuch in the house rules section of the options. Unfortunately this will continue the normal BAB and save progression and id NOT ELH compliant.

                If you want to code it yourself per ELH rules, send me an email off-list and I'll be glad to help you.
                I was wondering (pre-ELH inclusion) how I could get levels 21-24 (or higher)
                available for any class, but specifically cleric for 3ed. What files do I
                need to look at? I looked at most files and found
                PCGen\system\gameModes\DnD\level.lst but in PCGen it won't allow me to add a
                level past 20 in a class.

                Luc

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor