Re: [pcgen] Simple question

  • Tommy Williams
    Message 1 of 17 , May 1, 2003
      Easiest way would be to manually add 2 points to your skill points at the bottom of the skills tab. Then just add the skill as you normally would, unless its a cross class skill for you. In that case, you'll need to add 4 points.
      Message 2 of 17 , May 1, 2003
        > Doh! I see my error the 2nd skill is wrong, although does the TYPE
        > have to be in the middle? The LST editor puts it at the end of the
        > BONUS tag.

        Nope. The different |TYPE= and |PRExxx are interchangeable (the part up to
        the bonus formula has to be in order tho). You can only have one TYPE=
        statement for the bonus, but you can have as many PRExxx statements as you'd
        like.

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen BoD
        Data Silverback
      • merton_monk
        Message 3 of 17 , May 1, 2003
          Or you could create a template that has a +2 in each of the specified
          skills and apply that to each character. Creating this template in
          the template Lst Editor shouldn't be hard. Manually upping their
          ranks in the skills tab works, but may cause problems with regards to
          Max Ranks. You coul create a Custom item that has a +2 in each of the
          skills and make sure that everyone equips one (make it a non-slot
          item, like a gold coin)

          -Bryan

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tommy Williams" <aarn_d@h...> wrote:
          > Easiest way would be to manually add 2 points to your skill points
          at the bottom of the skills tab. Then just add the skill as you
          normally would, unless its a cross class skill for you. In that case,
          you'll need to add 4 points.

          Service.

        • Daniel Fenwick
          Message 4 of 17 , May 1, 2003
            Thanks for the suggestions. :)

            Dan
          • Luc Holland
            Message 5 of 17 , May 1, 2003
              Where do I find how PC Gen handles levels for characters? Is it modifiable?

              TIA,
              Luc
            • merton_monk
              Message 6 of 17 , May 1, 2003
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Luc Holland <holland@c...> wrote:
                > Where do I find how PC Gen handles levels for characters? Is it
                modifiable?

                Very modifiable. What about the levels did you want to modify, and
                for which class(es)?

                -Bryan

                > TIA,
                > Luc
              • Luc Holland
                Message 7 of 17 , May 3, 2003
                  I was wondering (pre-ELH inclusion) how I could get levels 21-24 (or higher)
                  available for any class, but specifically cleric for 3ed. What files do I
                  need to look at? I looked at most files and found
                  PCGen\system\gameModes\DnD\level.lst but in PCGen it won't allow me to add a
                  level past 20 in a class.

                  Luc

                • Tommy Williams
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 5, 2003
                    To go past level 20, you have to check the "ignore level caps" or somesuch in the house rules section of the options. Unfortunately this will continue the normal BAB and save progression and id NOT ELH compliant.

                    If you want to code it yourself per ELH rules, send me an email off-list and I'll be glad to help you.
                    I was wondering (pre-ELH inclusion) how I could get levels 21-24 (or higher)
                    available for any class, but specifically cleric for 3ed. What files do I
                    need to look at? I looked at most files and found
                    PCGen\system\gameModes\DnD\level.lst but in PCGen it won't allow me to add a
                    level past 20 in a class.

                    Luc

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor