Simple question

  • Daniel Fenwick
    Message 1 of 17 , May 1, 2003
      I think this is a simple question. My DM has given everyone in the party
      who was present for a specific adventure two ranks in a particular skill.
      How do I add this to the characters?

      Thanks.

      Dan
    • Tommy Williams
      Message 2 of 17 , May 1, 2003
        Easiest way would be to manually add 2 points to your skill points at the bottom of the skills tab. Then just add the skill as you normally would, unless its a cross class skill for you. In that case, you'll need to add 4 points.
        I think this is a simple question. My DM has given everyone in the party
        who was present for a specific adventure two ranks in a particular skill.
        How do I add this to the characters?

        Thanks.

        Dan

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 17 , May 1, 2003
          > Doh! I see my error the 2nd skill is wrong, although does the TYPE
          > have to be in the middle? The LST editor puts it at the end of the
          > BONUS tag.

          Nope. The different |TYPE= and |PRExxx are interchangeable (the part up to
          the bonus formula has to be in order tho). You can only have one TYPE=
          statement for the bonus, but you can have as many PRExxx statements as you'd
          like.

          Tir Gwaith
          PCGen BoD
          Data Silverback
        • merton_monk
          Message 4 of 17 , May 1, 2003
            Or you could create a template that has a +2 in each of the specified
            skills and apply that to each character. Creating this template in
            the template Lst Editor shouldn't be hard. Manually upping their
            ranks in the skills tab works, but may cause problems with regards to
            Max Ranks. You coul create a Custom item that has a +2 in each of the
            skills and make sure that everyone equips one (make it a non-slot
            item, like a gold coin)

            -Bryan

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tommy Williams" <aarn_d@h...> wrote:
            > Easiest way would be to manually add 2 points to your skill points
            at the bottom of the skills tab. Then just add the skill as you
            normally would, unless its a cross class skill for you. In that case,
            you'll need to add 4 points.

            Service.

          • Daniel Fenwick
            Message 5 of 17 , May 1, 2003
              Thanks for the suggestions. :)

              Dan
            • Luc Holland
              Message 6 of 17 , May 1, 2003
                Where do I find how PC Gen handles levels for characters? Is it modifiable?

                TIA,
                Luc
              • merton_monk
                Message 7 of 17 , May 1, 2003
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Luc Holland <holland@c...> wrote:
                  > Where do I find how PC Gen handles levels for characters? Is it
                  modifiable?

                  Very modifiable. What about the levels did you want to modify, and
                  for which class(es)?

                  -Bryan

                  > TIA,
                  > Luc
                • Luc Holland
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 3, 2003
                    I was wondering (pre-ELH inclusion) how I could get levels 21-24 (or higher)
                    available for any class, but specifically cleric for 3ed. What files do I
                    need to look at? I looked at most files and found
                    PCGen\system\gameModes\DnD\level.lst but in PCGen it won't allow me to add a
                    level past 20 in a class.

                    Luc

                  • Tommy Williams
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 5, 2003
                      To go past level 20, you have to check the "ignore level caps" or somesuch in the house rules section of the options. Unfortunately this will continue the normal BAB and save progression and id NOT ELH compliant.

                      If you want to code it yourself per ELH rules, send me an email off-list and I'll be glad to help you.
                      I was wondering (pre-ELH inclusion) how I could get levels 21-24 (or higher)
                      available for any class, but specifically cleric for 3ed. What files do I
                      need to look at? I looked at most files and found
                      PCGen\system\gameModes\DnD\level.lst but in PCGen it won't allow me to add a
                      level past 20 in a class.

                      Luc

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor