Re: [OT] Lightning Storms (was Re: [pcgen] Re: Beta release delayed)

  • Tommy Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2003
      Had a very similar experience. Was helping my dad patch up the spray booth at his body shop during a heavy rain and saw a flash almost immediately followed by the BOOM. When we went out front, we found an old trash barrel we were about to cart off (which, by the way, had been soaked all day) busted in half and on fire. All of this less than 30 yards from where we were working.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2003
        Heh... Remember Hurricane Floyd that came thru the NorthEast US about 4
        years ago? My wife and I were in the kitchen when we heard a crack, and
        one limb (which was 3 feet in diameter) came down from the 75 foot maple
        tree and it turned my '86 Honda hatchback into a V-back. We saw the
        whole thing.

        -- david (aka Papa-DRB)