Re: LST Editor: Skills

  • Paul Grosse
    Message 1 of 17 , May 1 11:57 AM
      <snip>
      > > it, right? Shouldn't the tag be written so that you add it to the
      > > skill that "gives" the synergy bonus instead of the one that
      > > "receives" it, that would make it easier to create custom synergy
      > > bonuses.
      >
      > well, except that it's the 'target skill' that documents the synergy
      > bonus.

      Huh? In either Skill....

      BONUS:SKILL|<name of skill to get teh bonus>|<synergy
      bonus>|TYPE=Synergy.STACK|PRESKILL:1,<name of skill that required
      ranks
      grant the bonus>=<number of ranks required>

      will work. So I can put
      BONUS:SKILL|MyFirstSkill|2|TYPE=Synergy.STACK|PRESKILL:1,MySecondSkill
      =5
      In EITHER skill, and it will grant the bonus to MyFirstSkill, so long
      as I
      have 5 ranks in MySecondSkill.

      Heck, you could move them all to a template if you wanted, that way
      you
      could easily turn the Synergy bonuses on or off.....

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen BoD
      Data Silverback
      </snip>

      I tried that Tir, it didn't work for me. Hmm, maybe I have a
      misspelled word somewhere throwing it off

      <start of skill line>
      Knowledge (Arcana: Arcane Magic)<tab>
      KEYSTAT:INT<tab>
      USEUNTRAINED:NO<tab>
      BONUS:SKILL|Knowledge (Arcana)|2|PRESKILL:1,Knowledge (Arcane
      Magic)=5|TYPE=Synergy.STACK<tab>
      TYPE:INTELLIGENCE.KNOWLEDGE.CUSTOM<tab>
      SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17
      </Skill line>

      Doh! I see my error the 2nd skill is wrong, although does the TYPE
      have to be in the middle? The LST editor puts it at the end of the
      BONUS tag.
    • Keith Davies
      Message 2 of 17 , May 1 12:02 PM
        On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 01:42:28PM -0500, Tir Gwaith wrote:
        > > > it, right? Shouldn't the tag be written so that you add it to the
        > > > skill that "gives" the synergy bonus instead of the one that
        > > > "receives" it, that would make it easier to create custom synergy
        > > > bonuses.
        > >
        > > well, except that it's the 'target skill' that documents the synergy
        > > bonus.
        >
        > Huh? In either Skill....
        >
        > BONUS:SKILL|<name of skill to get teh bonus>|<synergy
        > bonus>|TYPE=Synergy.STACK|PRESKILL:1,<name of skill that required ranks
        > grant the bonus>=<number of ranks required>
        >
        > will work. So I can put
        > BONUS:SKILL|MyFirstSkill|2|TYPE=Synergy.STACK|PRESKILL:1,MySecondSkill=5
        > In EITHER skill, and it will grant the bonus to MyFirstSkill, so long as I
        > have 5 ranks in MySecondSkill.

        Ah, okay. I'd only seen it in the target skill and it didn't leap out
        of the doco at me.

        Keith
        --
        Keith Davies
        keith.davies@...

        PCGen: <reaper/>, smartass
      • Daniel Fenwick
        Message 3 of 17 , May 1 12:44 PM
          I think this is a simple question. My DM has given everyone in the party
          who was present for a specific adventure two ranks in a particular skill.
          How do I add this to the characters?

          Thanks.

          Dan
        • Tommy Williams
          Message 4 of 17 , May 1 1:09 PM
            Easiest way would be to manually add 2 points to your skill points at the bottom of the skills tab. Then just add the skill as you normally would, unless its a cross class skill for you. In that case, you'll need to add 4 points.
            I think this is a simple question. My DM has given everyone in the party
            who was present for a specific adventure two ranks in a particular skill.
            How do I add this to the characters?

            Thanks.

            Dan

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 17 , May 1 1:16 PM
              > Doh! I see my error the 2nd skill is wrong, although does the TYPE
              > have to be in the middle? The LST editor puts it at the end of the
              > BONUS tag.

              Nope. The different |TYPE= and |PRExxx are interchangeable (the part up to
              the bonus formula has to be in order tho). You can only have one TYPE=
              statement for the bonus, but you can have as many PRExxx statements as you'd
              like.

              Tir Gwaith
              PCGen BoD
              Data Silverback
            • merton_monk
              Message 6 of 17 , May 1 1:18 PM
                Or you could create a template that has a +2 in each of the specified
                skills and apply that to each character. Creating this template in
                the template Lst Editor shouldn't be hard. Manually upping their
                ranks in the skills tab works, but may cause problems with regards to
                Max Ranks. You coul create a Custom item that has a +2 in each of the
                skills and make sure that everyone equips one (make it a non-slot
                item, like a gold coin)

                -Bryan

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tommy Williams" <aarn_d@h...> wrote:
                > Easiest way would be to manually add 2 points to your skill points
                at the bottom of the skills tab. Then just add the skill as you
                normally would, unless its a cross class skill for you. In that case,
                you'll need to add 4 points.

                Service.

              • Daniel Fenwick
                Message 7 of 17 , May 1 8:04 PM
                  Thanks for the suggestions. :)

                  Dan
                • Luc Holland
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 1 8:17 PM
                    Where do I find how PC Gen handles levels for characters? Is it modifiable?

                    TIA,
                    Luc
                  • merton_monk
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 1 9:43 PM
                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Luc Holland <holland@c...> wrote:
                      > Where do I find how PC Gen handles levels for characters? Is it
                      modifiable?

                      Very modifiable. What about the levels did you want to modify, and
                      for which class(es)?

                      -Bryan

                      > TIA,
                      > Luc
                    • Luc Holland
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 3 9:53 PM
                        I was wondering (pre-ELH inclusion) how I could get levels 21-24 (or higher)
                        available for any class, but specifically cleric for 3ed. What files do I
                        need to look at? I looked at most files and found
                        PCGen\system\gameModes\DnD\level.lst but in PCGen it won't allow me to add a
                        level past 20 in a class.

                        Luc

                      • Tommy Williams
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 5 1:33 PM
                          To go past level 20, you have to check the "ignore level caps" or somesuch in the house rules section of the options. Unfortunately this will continue the normal BAB and save progression and id NOT ELH compliant.

                          If you want to code it yourself per ELH rules, send me an email off-list and I'll be glad to help you.
                          I was wondering (pre-ELH inclusion) how I could get levels 21-24 (or higher)
                          available for any class, but specifically cleric for 3ed. What files do I
                          need to look at? I looked at most files and found
                          PCGen\system\gameModes\DnD\level.lst but in PCGen it won't allow me to add a
                          level past 20 in a class.

                          Luc

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor