PCGEN is not CMP. CMP is not PCGEN.

  • pjak
    Message 1 of 59 , May 1, 2003
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
      > Small issue: PCGEN is not CMP.
      > CMP is not PCGEN.
      > CMP produces products compatable with PCGEN, much like many
      software
      > companies produce products compatable with windows.

      Well put. Maybe we should borrow this phrasing for the faq? Or the
      pcgen home page?

      > If you don't like the service you get from PCGEN, we'll be glad to
      > refund your money.

      It would do everyone a world of good to remember that this is a
      project staffed entirely by volunteers, working on this because it's
      fun. If it becomes un-fun, well... (Also, do some quick math on the
      potential profit of CMP's data sets and you'll see that that's pretty
      much a volunteer project as well.)

      While I tend to leave the administration entirely in Karianna's
      capable (and soft :) paws, I do want to remind everyone of item 5 and
      6 of the Posting Guidelines found in the State O Pcgen document that
      is regularly sent to this group, and is also available through this
      atrociously long link:
      http://f2.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cDaxPoKtNOnJjNpZS5s27aRVcrYVJ-
      PXlAtgpuHczAD_gN6yEJEw87xsZ-Tl9-v3Y9uCDjjvYhBKjuAc/State_O_PCGen

      I believe that this discussion, if it should be continued at all,
      should be moved elsewhere, perhaps CMP's forums?

      /Jonas, wearing his administrator's hat.
    • David R. Bender
      Message 59 of 59 , Jan 17, 2007
        Looks good to me... Thanks!!!

        -- david