Re: [pcgen] Anyone Hiring in Florida?

  • Brad Rademacher
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1 6:54 AM
      Same here. Just got laid of in Memphis. Guess I have
      more time for PCGen now! lol.......sorry to hear
      about that bd.

      --- Steven Gilroy <sgilroy2@...> wrote:
      > My grandpa could use someone to help him with the
      > yard work...and I'm
      > sure my grandma would like some help in the garden
      > as well :)
      >
      > Sorry to hear about the lay-off bd...I know what
      > it's like, I was out of
      > work of about 1/3 of last year...
      >
      > bd_92 wrote:
      > > Well i just got laid off at my job. Anyone hiring
      > for any work in the
      > > florida area? Figured i'd check here as i've seen
      > some people posting
      > > for jobs in canada, why not florida!
      > >

      > > b "I hate the travel industry!"D
      > > QA Gorilla

      > > PCGen's FAQ: http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      > >

      > --
      > Steven Gilroy
      > PCGen OS Lemur
      > "In a world without fences, who needs GATES?"

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • JP
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1 7:21 AM
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "bd_92" <bd_92@y...> wrote:
        > Well i just got laid off at my job. Anyone hiring for any work in the
        > florida area? Figured i'd check here as i've seen some people posting
        > for jobs in canada, why not florida!
        >

        > b "I hate the travel industry!"D
        > QA Gorilla

        Hell, anyone hiring in Austin, TX???

        It could be much worse. I moved away from my family and friends to work for AOL in
        their corporate HQ. Got laid off 20 months later, 6-weeks after my son was born.

        That was September 2001. Haven't been back to work since, really. Been raising my
        son. Finally got moved back to "home" in Austin, TX, September 2002.

        As long as you're near friends and family, you'll do fine. Keep your chin up and stay
        productive.

        JP
        LST Baboon
        "Are you lookin' at my bum?"
      • sakkara
        Message 3 of 13 , May 1 7:38 AM
          Just want to offer up a supportive "sorry to hear that" to all the
          folks that have been talking about being laid off and/or are still
          out of work.

          Been through it myself recently (out 6/01 - 5/02) and it was *not* a
          fun experience. And I am one of the lucky ones I know of here in
          Minneapolis, as my little brother and 4 of my close friends are
          *still* out of work.

          Hope the situation(s) don't last long & thinks look up for everyone.

          Best Wishes
          -sakkara
        • drhent
          Message 4 of 13 , May 1 11:20 AM
            I wish they were hireing in Austin, TX,
            Lost my home there because of this down turn and Lack of jobs there.

            I miss Austin. (living in the small town of sundown right now 1200 people) .

            Although I do have a few job prospects out here, it is 1/3 of what I use
            to make.

            This economy has to start turning around soon.

            d.
            > > Well i just got laid off at my job. Anyone hiring for any work in the
            > > florida area? Figured i'd check here as i've seen some people posting
            > > for jobs in canada, why not florida!
            > >

            > > b "I hate the travel industry!"D
            > > QA Gorilla
            >
            > Hell, anyone hiring in Austin, TX???
            >
            > It could be much worse. I moved away from my family and friends to work for
            AOL in
            > their corporate HQ. Got laid off 20 months later, 6-weeks after my son was
            born.

            > That was September 2001. Haven't been back to work since, really. Been
            raising my
            > son. Finally got moved back to "home" in Austin, TX, September 2002.
            >
            > As long as you're near friends and family, you'll do fine. Keep your chin up
            and stay
            > productive.
            >
            > JP
            > LST Baboon
            > "Are you lookin' at my bum?"

          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 13 , May 1 11:25 AM
              > This economy has to start turning around soon.

              I agree. However, my MBA profs were predicting that it should turn
              around 1Q this year, which turns out that they were mistaken.

              Paul W. King
              OGL/PL SB and BoD
            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 13 , May 1 1:22 PM
                You moved out near Lubbock?

                Dude, what kind of jobs our out there? It seems to be just ranching/oil
                well region....

                I'll stick to my pricing job here in San Antonio. Doesn't pay what I want,
                but HEB doesn't lay people off. Or, at least, hasn't yet in its history.

                I don't miss Austin that much. I'll prob. be visiting it more often now,
                with two people on the PCGen Data Team there, and Hugo is near Dallas. I
                miss Kirby Lane food.

                Tir Gwaith
                PCGen BoD
                Data Silverback

                .

                > Although I do have a few job prospects out here, it is 1/3 of what I use
                > to make.
                >
                > This economy has to start turning around soon.
                >
                > d.
              • cyberfunkr
                Message 7 of 13 , May 1 3:05 PM
                  I too am now in the same boat. I worked for a software development
                  company in San Diego. Of our 8 man development team, they laid off 6
                  because they were having problems meeting payroll. So the entire
                  programming staff consists of the VP in charge, and 1 programmer. Wheee.

                  So far the only call back I've gotten paid almost exactly the same as
                  my unemployment check... *sigh*

                  /Cyberfunkr

                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <kingpaul@e...> wrote:
                  > > This economy has to start turning around soon.
                  >
                  > I agree. However, my MBA profs were predicting that it should turn
                  > around 1Q this year, which turns out that they were mistaken.
                  >
                  > Paul W. King
                  > OGL/PL SB and BoD
                • bd_92
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 1 3:29 PM
                    > So far the only call back I've gotten paid almost exactly the same
                    as
                    > my unemployment check... *sigh*
                    >
                    > /Cyberfunkr

                    might be like me, i can get a job tommorow driving a truck but it
                    doesn't pay that grand, i've got a job interview tommorow for a
                    bank, it's investmnet banking or some such. They'll pay me more to
                    sit and learn and study than unemployment so it'll work for me till
                    i find something more techy. But if i like it i can set my own
                    destiny. We shall see! Wish me luck!
                  • Loyal
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 2 9:34 AM
                      My company has 4 open software development/QA positions in Biloxi, MS.

                      http://www.sl-tech.net/about/jobs.htm

                      I know it's not Florida or Texas, but it is almost halfway in
                      between... hehehe.

                      -Loyal