RE: [pcgen] Re: Some sad news...

  • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30 6:31 PM
      BD!!!!! I'm deleting your expletive you naughty little Monkey!

      Karianna

      Moderator

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 30 8:46 PM
        I have to say that i am sorry to see you go, May you truely have good luck
        in all of your future endevers.

        James D.I. Wright

        -----
        So I just want to make sure I understood this correctly...

        I flat out state these are _my_ opinions.. That this is a post from
        neither a PCGen nor CMP perspective/position...

        And you're telling me that because I dared to speak my opinion, that I
        dared to call people who want their toys for free selfish, that to
        punish me for doing so you'll not buy anything from CMP?

        Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion and your wallet is
        certainly your own do to with as you will, I will certainly not punish
        you for doing so.

        I think I've contributed enough over the last 2 years to speak _my_ mind
        once in a while... Apparently I was wrong, so to hell with it.

        I Just want to make sure I _very clearly_ understand this; you're
        punishing CMP because _I_ spoke _my_ opinion.

        Well, since that's the case, I'll refrain from speaking my opinion any
        further.

        In fact, since it's a problem, I'll not speak again about it. Here or
        anywhere else.

        In fact, just to make sure that this is _never_ a problem again,
        consider this official notice of stepping down from PCGen BoD.

        Just so that PCGen doesn't get punished as well by my speaking my
        opinion.

        W. Robert Reed III
        Mynex
        - #1 Evil Monkey
        - Code Monkey Publishing Co-Founder
        - PCGen Board of Directors: Special Projects

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 30 8:51 PM
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
          wrote:

          <snip of sad post>

          Damn :( It's a sad day when this has to happen. I hope he isn't
          leaving CMP too? I sincerly hopes he reconciders coming back :( Gonna
          have to get him really drunk at GenCon and convince him to come
          back :)
        • Michael R. Beaver
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 30 9:03 PM
            This sucks.....

            *Begins to type, realizes that is will all be deleted by an admin....
            deletes it first*

            this just sucks....

            Beaver

            Damn :( It's a sad day when this has to happen. I hope he isn't
            leaving CMP too? I sincerly hopes he reconciders coming back :(
            Gonna
            have to get him really drunk at GenCon and convince him to come
            back :)

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
            016061:HM/A=1524963/R=0/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=5
            56&lineid=3179269&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egrou
            pmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=587548484>

          • matt+haffner
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 30 9:08 PM
              I just have two blunt things to say (think of it as tough love ;), and it really applies to
              all the CMP players, although it's certainly inspired by #1's recent posts.

              * Can't say this anymore

              > I flat out state these are _my_ opinions.. That this is a post from
              > neither a PCGen nor CMP perspective/position...

              Sad to say, once anyone becomes an owner or part-owner or starts receiving money
              for a product or service, you *can't* take that hat off, especially when you're talking
              about some aspect of your product or service. You can say you are, but you aren't
              really. The hat's always on for the rest of us. Sorry. That's the way business is. It
              sucks, but that's part of the tradeoffs when you're asking for pep's money. And even
              more sucky, the stigma doesn't seem to go away whether you're trying to make
              millions or just trying to get by doing something fun.

              And whether it stroke your ego or pisses you off, the fact is, "Mynex" screams CMP in
              a lot of our minds now. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't be involved in PCGen or
              on this board, it just means that you have to realize that no matter what you say, you
              have an invisible CMP stamped on your forehead. It also doesn't mean you can't speak
              your mind freely. But it does mean that there can be repercussions and responses for
              your business, whether you intended to or not.

              * Get over it.

              If you're having a hard time dealing with these 'whiners' for free stuff over here, just
              wait until you start getting idiotic complaints from the *paying* customers at CMP.
              (Hey, I could even be one of them... :b) You better put that hard hat on a little tighter,
              'cause the expectations there are going to be an order of magnitude higher. Plus
              you've got the eTools crowd who barely knows CMP from Fluid. They have no
              predisposition toward your prior work like we do over here. The fact is, your audience
              is growing fast and will really expand when you put out those first CMP data files.
              Folks are going to be here and on CMP's site who have never been either place before.
              They won't know *anything* about what you've done before and might not even care.

              Personally, although I've had vocal beefs with the model adopted and with WoTC's
              decision on this whole thing before, I want to see you guys succeed if solely for the
              selfish reason that I want to keep using PCGen for *all* my gaming. But, as a paying
              customer down the road who hears from other potential paying customers who don't
              have as strong of desires as I do, or who have other conflicting priorities/principles,
              I'd really recommend cranking up the PR filters another notch or two, especially on
              the personal posts. It's not that *I'd* not like to hear what you have to say, but I'd
              rather not have the fringe interpret it out of context. In the gaming market (from what
              I hear), the fringe may make or break you.

              Good luck.

              mh - ZansForCans

              p.s. If someone feels this is too personal for the board, please feel free to whack it
              and send it directly to the interested parties. Just let me know you've done so. :)
            • Paul
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 30 9:12 PM
                Well ive been gone for a while starting my own business and havent
                gamed in nearly 3 months so I havent used pcgen in that time. I did
                however come here daily to check out Mynex's retorts as I thought he
                had whit and was truly knowledgeable about not just pcgen but
                computers and coding in general. This is sad that a few people cant
                handle his comments. I hope he does come back, and as soon as my
                business is a little better underway I will get back to gaming and of
                course using pcgen that includes paying for the data sets which I
                have no problem doing. I like to think of the data sets like Norton
                Antivirus if you dont renew your license every year which cost about
                35.00 you arent fully covered by their product so what is better
                paying a little for peace of mind or having you a product that works
                but not completely, complaining to Symantec about paying for the
                license wont get you the license for free either. Please come back
                Mynex and wreak some havoc on this board again without you it wont be
                the same.
              • Loyal
                Message 7 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                  It is indeed sad news. However, I can very easily commiserate with
                  Mynex as I started ignoring/detesting this Y! group a while back due
                  to the whining. And I don't even have any PCGen responsibilities!

                  It's actually quite strange that I dropped by the group just in time
                  to see this post... oh crappy day *sigh*

                  -Loyal

                  wrote:
                  > I post the below on behalf of my friend, who has already quit this
                  Y! group,

                • ruemere@poczta.onet.pl
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                    Mynex, don't give them that satisfaction!

                    Please?

                    Regards,
                    Ruemere