Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Some sad news...

Expand Messages
  • Tir Gwaith
    I post the below on behalf of my friend, who has already quit this Y! group, and is pulling out of the different SF projects. He has already sent the BoD a
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30, 2003
      I post the below on behalf of my friend, who has already quit this Y! group,
      and is pulling out of the different SF projects. He has already sent the
      BoD a resignation email. If I shouldn't be posting this, and it is too
      inflamitory, Karianna can lash me at the next BoD meeting, and I'll delete
      the post myself..

      This is the guy who designed the Specs for proper ELH rule support that will
      be going into PCGen soon. This guy busted his but for PCGen - he designed
      or co-designed some of the major features in PCGen, and helped motivate Code
      Monkeys into making it happen.

      He is also a good friend of mine, and I understand his wish to no longer
      listen to some of the whinings of some members of the community that don't
      take realities of the situations in hand. Having already tried dissuading
      him from this, I think this a final decision on his part. I know I will
      miss him.

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen BoD
      Data Silverback

      -----
      So I just want to make sure I understood this correctly...

      I flat out state these are _my_ opinions.. That this is a post from
      neither a PCGen nor CMP perspective/position...

      And you're telling me that because I dared to speak my opinion, that I
      dared to call people who want their toys for free selfish, that to
      punish me for doing so you'll not buy anything from CMP?

      Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion and your wallet is
      certainly your own do to with as you will, I will certainly not punish
      you for doing so.

      I think I've contributed enough over the last 2 years to speak _my_ mind
      once in a while... Apparently I was wrong, so to hell with it.

      I Just want to make sure I _very clearly_ understand this; you're
      punishing CMP because _I_ spoke _my_ opinion.

      Well, since that's the case, I'll refrain from speaking my opinion any
      further.

      In fact, since it's a problem, I'll not speak again about it. Here or
      anywhere else.

      In fact, just to make sure that this is _never_ a problem again,
      consider this official notice of stepping down from PCGen BoD.

      Just so that PCGen doesn't get punished as well by my speaking my
      opinion.

      W. Robert Reed III
      Mynex
      - #1 Evil Monkey
      - Code Monkey Publishing Co-Founder
      - PCGen Board of Directors: Special Projects
    • pjak
      ... I m trying to think of something to say, but I can t. If he feels this is best (for him) I support him fully (while hoping that he ll come back.) He s
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 30, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
        wrote:
        > I think this a final decision on his part. I know I will
        > miss him.

        I'm trying to think of something to say, but I can't.

        If he feels this is best (for him) I support him fully (while hoping
        that he'll come back.) He's contributed a *LOT* to pcgen, and we all
        owe him. I just hope he remembers the good moments.

        /Jonas, already missing the Sleepless One
      • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
        BD!!!!! I m deleting your expletive you naughty little Monkey! Karianna Moderator ... From: bd_92 [mailto:bd_92@yahoo.com] Sent: Thursday, 1 May 2003 11:28
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 30, 2003
          BD!!!!! I'm deleting your expletive you naughty little Monkey!



          Karianna

          Moderator



          -----Original Message-----
          From: bd_92 [mailto:bd_92@...]
          Sent: Thursday, 1 May 2003 11:28 a.m.
          To: pcgen@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [pcgen] Re: Some sad news...



          <snip expletive>


          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
          wrote:



          <snip sad news>





          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • james wright
          I have to say that i am sorry to see you go, May you truely have good luck in all of your future endevers. James D.I. Wright ... So I just want to make sure I
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 30, 2003
            I have to say that i am sorry to see you go, May you truely have good luck
            in all of your future endevers.


            James D.I. Wright

            -----
            So I just want to make sure I understood this correctly...

            I flat out state these are _my_ opinions.. That this is a post from
            neither a PCGen nor CMP perspective/position...

            And you're telling me that because I dared to speak my opinion, that I
            dared to call people who want their toys for free selfish, that to
            punish me for doing so you'll not buy anything from CMP?

            Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion and your wallet is
            certainly your own do to with as you will, I will certainly not punish
            you for doing so.

            I think I've contributed enough over the last 2 years to speak _my_ mind
            once in a while... Apparently I was wrong, so to hell with it.

            I Just want to make sure I _very clearly_ understand this; you're
            punishing CMP because _I_ spoke _my_ opinion.

            Well, since that's the case, I'll refrain from speaking my opinion any
            further.

            In fact, since it's a problem, I'll not speak again about it. Here or
            anywhere else.

            In fact, just to make sure that this is _never_ a problem again,
            consider this official notice of stepping down from PCGen BoD.

            Just so that PCGen doesn't get punished as well by my speaking my
            opinion.

            W. Robert Reed III
            Mynex
            - #1 Evil Monkey
            - Code Monkey Publishing Co-Founder
            - PCGen Board of Directors: Special Projects




            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            ADVERTISEMENT





            PCGen's release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
            PCGen's FAQ: http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen
            PCGen's alpha build: http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen
            To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
            pcgen-unsubscribe@egroups.com



            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.



            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          • Paul
            ... wrote: Damn :( It s a sad day when this has to happen. I hope he isn t leaving CMP too? I sincerly hopes he reconciders coming back :(
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 30, 2003
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
              wrote:

              <snip of sad post>

              Damn :( It's a sad day when this has to happen. I hope he isn't
              leaving CMP too? I sincerly hopes he reconciders coming back :( Gonna
              have to get him really drunk at GenCon and convince him to come
              back :)
            • Michael R. Beaver
              This sucks..... *Begins to type, realizes that is will all be deleted by an admin.... deletes it first* this just sucks.... Beaver ... From: Paul
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 30, 2003
                This sucks.....

                *Begins to type, realizes that is will all be deleted by an admin....
                deletes it first*

                this just sucks....


                Beaver

                -----Original Message-----
                From: Paul [mailto:pgrosse@...]
                Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 8:52 PM
                To: pcgen@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: [pcgen] Re: Some sad news...


                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith"
                <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
                wrote:

                <snip of sad post>

                Damn :( It's a sad day when this has to happen. I hope he isn't
                leaving CMP too? I sincerly hopes he reconciders coming back :(
                Gonna
                have to get him really drunk at GenCon and convince him to come
                back :)



                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
                016061:HM/A=1524963/R=0/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=5
                56&lineid=3179269&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egrou
                pmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=587548484>

                PCGen's release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
                PCGen's FAQ: http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen
                PCGen's alpha build: http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen
                To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                pcgen-unsubscribe@egroups.com



                Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .




                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              • matt+haffner
                I just have two blunt things to say (think of it as tough love ;), and it really applies to all the CMP players, although it s certainly inspired by #1 s
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 30, 2003
                  I just have two blunt things to say (think of it as tough love ;), and it really applies to
                  all the CMP players, although it's certainly inspired by #1's recent posts.

                  * Can't say this anymore

                  > I flat out state these are _my_ opinions.. That this is a post from
                  > neither a PCGen nor CMP perspective/position...

                  Sad to say, once anyone becomes an owner or part-owner or starts receiving money
                  for a product or service, you *can't* take that hat off, especially when you're talking
                  about some aspect of your product or service. You can say you are, but you aren't
                  really. The hat's always on for the rest of us. Sorry. That's the way business is. It
                  sucks, but that's part of the tradeoffs when you're asking for pep's money. And even
                  more sucky, the stigma doesn't seem to go away whether you're trying to make
                  millions or just trying to get by doing something fun.

                  And whether it stroke your ego or pisses you off, the fact is, "Mynex" screams CMP in
                  a lot of our minds now. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't be involved in PCGen or
                  on this board, it just means that you have to realize that no matter what you say, you
                  have an invisible CMP stamped on your forehead. It also doesn't mean you can't speak
                  your mind freely. But it does mean that there can be repercussions and responses for
                  your business, whether you intended to or not.

                  * Get over it.

                  If you're having a hard time dealing with these 'whiners' for free stuff over here, just
                  wait until you start getting idiotic complaints from the *paying* customers at CMP.
                  (Hey, I could even be one of them... :b) You better put that hard hat on a little tighter,
                  'cause the expectations there are going to be an order of magnitude higher. Plus
                  you've got the eTools crowd who barely knows CMP from Fluid. They have no
                  predisposition toward your prior work like we do over here. The fact is, your audience
                  is growing fast and will really expand when you put out those first CMP data files.
                  Folks are going to be here and on CMP's site who have never been either place before.
                  They won't know *anything* about what you've done before and might not even care.

                  Personally, although I've had vocal beefs with the model adopted and with WoTC's
                  decision on this whole thing before, I want to see you guys succeed if solely for the
                  selfish reason that I want to keep using PCGen for *all* my gaming. But, as a paying
                  customer down the road who hears from other potential paying customers who don't
                  have as strong of desires as I do, or who have other conflicting priorities/principles,
                  I'd really recommend cranking up the PR filters another notch or two, especially on
                  the personal posts. It's not that *I'd* not like to hear what you have to say, but I'd
                  rather not have the fringe interpret it out of context. In the gaming market (from what
                  I hear), the fringe may make or break you.

                  Good luck.

                  mh - ZansForCans

                  p.s. If someone feels this is too personal for the board, please feel free to whack it
                  and send it directly to the interested parties. Just let me know you've done so. :)
                • Paul
                  Well ive been gone for a while starting my own business and havent gamed in nearly 3 months so I havent used pcgen in that time. I did however come here daily
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 30, 2003
                    Well ive been gone for a while starting my own business and havent
                    gamed in nearly 3 months so I havent used pcgen in that time. I did
                    however come here daily to check out Mynex's retorts as I thought he
                    had whit and was truly knowledgeable about not just pcgen but
                    computers and coding in general. This is sad that a few people cant
                    handle his comments. I hope he does come back, and as soon as my
                    business is a little better underway I will get back to gaming and of
                    course using pcgen that includes paying for the data sets which I
                    have no problem doing. I like to think of the data sets like Norton
                    Antivirus if you dont renew your license every year which cost about
                    35.00 you arent fully covered by their product so what is better
                    paying a little for peace of mind or having you a product that works
                    but not completely, complaining to Symantec about paying for the
                    license wont get you the license for free either. Please come back
                    Mynex and wreak some havoc on this board again without you it wont be
                    the same.
                  • Loyal
                    It is indeed sad news. However, I can very easily commiserate with Mynex as I started ignoring/detesting this Y! group a while back due to the whining. And I
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                      It is indeed sad news. However, I can very easily commiserate with
                      Mynex as I started ignoring/detesting this Y! group a while back due
                      to the whining. And I don't even have any PCGen responsibilities!

                      It's actually quite strange that I dropped by the group just in time
                      to see this post... oh crappy day *sigh*



                      -Loyal


                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
                      wrote:
                      > I post the below on behalf of my friend, who has already quit this
                      Y! group,
                      > and is pulling out of the different SF projects. He has already
                      sent the
                      > BoD a resignation email. If I shouldn't be posting this, and it is
                      too
                      > inflamitory, Karianna can lash me at the next BoD meeting, and I'll
                      delete
                      > the post myself..
                      >
                      > This is the guy who designed the Specs for proper ELH rule support
                      that will
                      > be going into PCGen soon. This guy busted his but for PCGen - he
                      designed
                      > or co-designed some of the major features in PCGen, and helped
                      motivate Code
                      > Monkeys into making it happen.
                      >
                      > He is also a good friend of mine, and I understand his wish to no
                      longer
                      > listen to some of the whinings of some members of the community
                      that don't
                      > take realities of the situations in hand. Having already tried
                      dissuading
                      > him from this, I think this a final decision on his part. I know I
                      will
                      > miss him.
                      >
                      > Tir Gwaith
                      > PCGen BoD
                      > Data Silverback
                      >
                    • ruemere@poczta.onet.pl
                      Mynex, don t give them that satisfaction! Please? Regards, Ruemere [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                        Mynex, don't give them that satisfaction!

                        Please?

                        Regards,
                        Ruemere


                        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.