FROM THE MODERATOR (was RE: RANT (WAS: [pcgen] Re: LST Converter requests))

  • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 2:04 PM
      Hi all,

      You _knew_ this was coming didn't you ;p. But in all fairness I had to wait
      until the posts started calling people names before I stepped in.

      OK, this is not a direct response to Plambert but a response to the thread.

      1.) Calling people selfish, demented etc will _not_ be tolerated and I
      do _not_ care who the poster is, no one is above the rules. Have I made
      myself clear? I darn well hope so 8-).

      2.) We know what happens to these sorts of topics in the past, they
      always spiral into long OT and mostly pointless discussions, so I expect to
      see this voluntarily stopped _soon_, if not, I'll stop it 8-).

      3.) OK, so there was a basic mis-conception about the LST Converter, our
      bad. We'll clarify that in documentation, specifically we'll add that "it
      is not and never will be designed to allow 2.7.3 files and older to be auto
      magically converted to the current version". If we did it would effectively
      end our agreements with many publishers and hence destroy PCGEN by way of
      lawyers.

      4.) If there are individual things you'd like to see the LST Converter
      do, then write up a freq for it, we have a process people 8-).

      This message is being sent in mock growl mode, I'd like to not have to send
      one in growl mode 8-).

      Karianna

      Moderator

      All Round Nice Gal