Re: [pcgen] Nationalities WAS Re: [OT] Loremaster vs. Spectral Loremaster

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2003
      >> Shawnee and Cherokee are Native American Indian tribes/nations.
      >>

      >as opposed to Native Canadian, gotcha. Hm. that might offset it.

      Heh. I have some Cherokee blood in me. Supposedly a princess (dunno, family story) that fled from the Carolinas to Canada durring the time of the Trail of Tears. She married a French trader named Bluto which was later changed to Bludo (we have a picture taken around the time of their wedding).. Their daughter married a Calnan (sp, I can't remember, we talk about it, but I've never seen it in print) which was immigrant Irish.. It goes on, but I'm supposed to be 1/64 Cherokee. Not sure if that makes me more than 1/64th Canadian (Bluto was French Canadian, so I have 1/64th from that at least).

      Ok, enough of my geneology.

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen BoD
      Data Silverback
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30, 2003
        > Ok, enough of my geneology.

        But, genealogy is cool! Check out my stuff:
        http://www.gencircles.com/users/kingpaul/2

        Paul W. King
        OGL/PL SB and BoD
      • Tommy Williams
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30, 2003
          Sounds about like me, Tir.

          I know my great grandmother was Cherokee, so that makes me 1/8 from my mother's side. We have a similar family legend from my father's side, too. Though ours is more farfetched. It seems that the surname Williams comes from "son of William". As such, the family romour (so spelled to appease the English *grin*) is that we are related to William the Conqueror. As far as geneologies go there's no way to prove it. Go figure. ;) I do know, however, that we are related to some Martins that came over on the Mayflower.

          Giving that "legend" any credit that puts me at Cherokee, English, Scottish, Irish, French, and Norse (the Normans settled in northern france from Norway).

          Yep.. I'm a mutt.. hehe
          >> Shawnee and Cherokee are Native American Indian tribes/nations.
          >>

          >as opposed to Native Canadian, gotcha. Hm. that might offset it.

          Heh. I have some Cherokee blood in me. Supposedly a princess (dunno, family story) that fled from the Carolinas to Canada durring the time of the Trail of Tears. She married a French trader named Bluto which was later changed to Bludo (we have a picture taken around the time of their wedding).. Their daughter married a Calnan (sp, I can't remember, we talk about it, but I've never seen it in print) which was immigrant Irish.. It goes on, but I'm supposed to be 1/64 Cherokee. Not sure if that makes me more than 1/64th Canadian (Bluto was French Canadian, so I have 1/64th from that at least).

          Ok, enough of my geneology.

          Tir Gwaith
          PCGen BoD
          Data Silverback

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Emily Smirle
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30, 2003
            Tommy Williams wrote:
            > Sounds about like me, Tir.
            >
            > As such, the family romour (so
            > spelled to appease the English *grin*)

            Insufficient U's. Rumour :)
            --
            "Is he an evil outsider?"
            "Well, he was one of the loners in evil kindergarten..."
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 30, 2003
              hehe... busted... ;)

              Just a typo I didn't catch, actually.