Re: [OT] Loremaster vs. Spectral Loremaster

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 30, 2003
      > as opposed to Native Canadian, gotcha. Hm. that might offset it.

      Well, I'm not sure if they were in Canada or Mexico. The instances
      I'm referring to were in the States.

      Paul W. King
      OGL/PL SB and BoD
    • Paul Smith
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 30, 2003
        Though there are plenty of descendants elsewhere now, Cherokee
        territory was originally in the USA Southeast. Georgia, the
        Carolinas, and parts of Tennessee and Alabama. There are plenty of
        others, though. Even in the same regions. I'm originally from
        Alabama, and maybe a quarter of the local place names are from the
        names of American Indian tribes. Sylacauga, Tuscaloosa, Talladega,
        Choctaw, Cahaba, Chickasaw, Mobile, Opelika, Tallassee, Tuskegee,
        Wedowee, Wetumpka, etc. These are just the ones with a web presence.
        I'm primarily Scotch/Irish on both sides, with a trace of Cherokee
        and German on one side, and a trace of Cherokee on the other. Since
        several of the above native names have u's, they seem to pass the "u
        test". Even USA has a "u" in it. Americans do understand the use of
        the "u" key, they just show a little moderation with it. ;)

        Paul Smith

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <kingpaul@e...> wrote:
        > > All of those nations, with possible exception of Shawnee and
        > > Cherokee (dunno which side of the border they're on) spell
        English
        > > the proper way. :) Use the U.
        >
        > Shawnee and Cherokee are Native American Indian tribes/nations.
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > OGL/PL SB and BoD
      • gilmere97
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 30, 2003
          Where in Alabama? I was born in LA(lower Alabama) and have lived in
          Huntsville since I was 2.

          Waite Dykes
        • cdtaylor_nats
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 30, 2003
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "gilmere97" <jenni227@c...> wrote:
            > Where in Alabama? I was born in LA(lower Alabama) and have lived in
            > Huntsville since I was 2.
            >
            > Waite Dykes

            I would suggest everyone interested in the use of "U" should read
            Bill Bryson's book "The Mother Tongue".