Anyone Hiring in Florida?

  • bd_92
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 30, 2003
      Well i just got laid off at my job. Anyone hiring for any work in the
      florida area? Figured i'd check here as i've seen some people posting
      for jobs in canada, why not florida!

      b "I hate the travel industry!"D
      QA Gorilla
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 30, 2003
        > Well i just got laid off at my job. Anyone hiring for any work in
        > the florida area? Figured i'd check here as i've seen some people
        > posting for jobs in canada, why not florida!

        That sucks bD. Why don't you go harass Hal Greenberg (sp) of Mystic
        Eye...doesn't he live near you?

        Paul W. King
        OGL/PL SB and BoD
      • bd_92
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 30, 2003
          yeah he does...wonder if he needs someone to get his coffee for him :)

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <kingpaul@e...> wrote:
          > > Well i just got laid off at my job. Anyone hiring for any work in
          > > the florida area? Figured i'd check here as i've seen some people
          > > posting for jobs in canada, why not florida!
          >
          > That sucks bD. Why don't you go harass Hal Greenberg (sp) of
          Mystic
          > Eye...doesn't he live near you?
          >
          > Paul W. King
          > OGL/PL SB and BoD
        • Steven Gilroy
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 30, 2003
            My grandpa could use someone to help him with the yard work...and I'm
            sure my grandma would like some help in the garden as well :)

            Sorry to hear about the lay-off bd...I know what it's like, I was out of
            work of about 1/3 of last year...

            bd_92 wrote:
            > Well i just got laid off at my job. Anyone hiring for any work in the
            > florida area? Figured i'd check here as i've seen some people posting
            > for jobs in canada, why not florida!
            >

            > b "I hate the travel industry!"D
            > QA Gorilla

            Steven Gilroy
            PCGen OS Lemur
          • Brad Rademacher
            Message 5 of 13 , May 1, 2003
              Same here. Just got laid of in Memphis. Guess I have
              more time for PCGen now! lol.......sorry to hear
              about that bd.

              --- Steven Gilroy <sgilroy2@...> wrote:
              > My grandpa could use someone to help him with the
              > yard work...and I'm
              > sure my grandma would like some help in the garden
              > as well :)
              >
              > Sorry to hear about the lay-off bd...I know what
              > it's like, I was out of
              > work of about 1/3 of last year...
              >
              > bd_92 wrote:
              > > Well i just got laid off at my job. Anyone hiring
              > for any work in the
              > > florida area? Figured i'd check here as i've seen
              > some people posting
              > > for jobs in canada, why not florida!
              > >

              > > b "I hate the travel industry!"D
              > > QA Gorilla

              > > PCGen's FAQ: http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen

              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              > >

              > --
              > Steven Gilroy
              > PCGen OS Lemur
              > "In a world without fences, who needs GATES?"

              http://search.yahoo.com
            • JP
              Message 6 of 13 , May 1, 2003
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "bd_92" <bd_92@y...> wrote:
                > Well i just got laid off at my job. Anyone hiring for any work in the
                > florida area? Figured i'd check here as i've seen some people posting
                > for jobs in canada, why not florida!
                >

                > b "I hate the travel industry!"D
                > QA Gorilla

                Hell, anyone hiring in Austin, TX???

                It could be much worse. I moved away from my family and friends to work for AOL in
                their corporate HQ. Got laid off 20 months later, 6-weeks after my son was born.

                That was September 2001. Haven't been back to work since, really. Been raising my
                son. Finally got moved back to "home" in Austin, TX, September 2002.

                As long as you're near friends and family, you'll do fine. Keep your chin up and stay
                productive.

                JP
                LST Baboon
                "Are you lookin' at my bum?"
              • sakkara
                Message 7 of 13 , May 1, 2003
                  Just want to offer up a supportive "sorry to hear that" to all the
                  folks that have been talking about being laid off and/or are still
                  out of work.

                  Been through it myself recently (out 6/01 - 5/02) and it was *not* a
                  fun experience. And I am one of the lucky ones I know of here in
                  Minneapolis, as my little brother and 4 of my close friends are
                  *still* out of work.

                  Hope the situation(s) don't last long & thinks look up for everyone.

                  Best Wishes
                  -sakkara
                • drhent
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 1, 2003
                    I wish they were hireing in Austin, TX,
                    Lost my home there because of this down turn and Lack of jobs there.

                    I miss Austin. (living in the small town of sundown right now 1200 people) .

                    Although I do have a few job prospects out here, it is 1/3 of what I use
                    to make.

                    This economy has to start turning around soon.

                    d.
                    > > Well i just got laid off at my job. Anyone hiring for any work in the
                    > > florida area? Figured i'd check here as i've seen some people posting
                    > > for jobs in canada, why not florida!
                    > >

                    > > b "I hate the travel industry!"D
                    > > QA Gorilla
                    >
                    > Hell, anyone hiring in Austin, TX???
                    >
                    > It could be much worse. I moved away from my family and friends to work for
                    AOL in
                    > their corporate HQ. Got laid off 20 months later, 6-weeks after my son was
                    born.

                    > That was September 2001. Haven't been back to work since, really. Been
                    raising my
                    > son. Finally got moved back to "home" in Austin, TX, September 2002.
                    >
                    > As long as you're near friends and family, you'll do fine. Keep your chin up
                    and stay
                    > productive.
                    >
                    > JP
                    > LST Baboon
                    > "Are you lookin' at my bum?"

                  • Paul W. King
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 1, 2003
                      > This economy has to start turning around soon.

                      I agree. However, my MBA profs were predicting that it should turn
                      around 1Q this year, which turns out that they were mistaken.

                      Paul W. King
                      OGL/PL SB and BoD
                    • Tir Gwaith
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 1, 2003
                        You moved out near Lubbock?

                        Dude, what kind of jobs our out there? It seems to be just ranching/oil
                        well region....

                        I'll stick to my pricing job here in San Antonio. Doesn't pay what I want,
                        but HEB doesn't lay people off. Or, at least, hasn't yet in its history.

                        I don't miss Austin that much. I'll prob. be visiting it more often now,
                        with two people on the PCGen Data Team there, and Hugo is near Dallas. I
                        miss Kirby Lane food.

                        Tir Gwaith
                        PCGen BoD
                        Data Silverback

                        .

                        > Although I do have a few job prospects out here, it is 1/3 of what I use
                        > to make.
                        >
                        > This economy has to start turning around soon.
                        >
                        > d.
                      • cyberfunkr
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 1, 2003
                          I too am now in the same boat. I worked for a software development
                          company in San Diego. Of our 8 man development team, they laid off 6
                          because they were having problems meeting payroll. So the entire
                          programming staff consists of the VP in charge, and 1 programmer. Wheee.

                          So far the only call back I've gotten paid almost exactly the same as
                          my unemployment check... *sigh*

                          /Cyberfunkr

                          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <kingpaul@e...> wrote:
                          > > This economy has to start turning around soon.
                          >
                          > I agree. However, my MBA profs were predicting that it should turn
                          > around 1Q this year, which turns out that they were mistaken.
                          >
                          > Paul W. King
                          > OGL/PL SB and BoD
                        • bd_92
                          Message 12 of 13 , May 1, 2003
                            > So far the only call back I've gotten paid almost exactly the same
                            as
                            > my unemployment check... *sigh*
                            >
                            > /Cyberfunkr

                            might be like me, i can get a job tommorow driving a truck but it
                            doesn't pay that grand, i've got a job interview tommorow for a
                            bank, it's investmnet banking or some such. They'll pay me more to
                            sit and learn and study than unemployment so it'll work for me till
                            i find something more techy. But if i like it i can set my own
                            destiny. We shall see! Wish me luck!
                          • Loyal
                            Message 13 of 13 , May 2, 2003
                              My company has 4 open software development/QA positions in Biloxi, MS.

                              http://www.sl-tech.net/about/jobs.htm

                              I know it's not Florida or Texas, but it is almost halfway in
                              between... hehehe.

                              -Loyal