PCGen 1.2 release - spell memorization

  • bryan mcroberts
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2001
      I think I've got it all working - look in the readme.html file for a full
      explanation about how it works. The Spells tab now lets you fill out
      your list of known spells (the Default spellbook) and to fill out yoiur
      own spellbooks to indicate how many times and which spells you memorize.
      I've modified my csheet.htm to use the new SPELLMEM tag which can be used
      to display all apsects of your spells - I'm just using NAME and TIMES
      in csheet.html.
      As always, thanksfor your feedback, and let me know if you find any
      bugs or have any suggestions!

      -Bryan
    • Robert Hilson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2001
        if i put in the info for sw(class,skill,feat,item) should i put a Campaign:star
        wars tab on it so its ready? which progression is which for the class def and
        rep?(remember i sent them to bryan) just want to get it right

        =====
        Robert Hilson
        http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=11428864

        http://photos.yahoo.com/
      • mocha@mcs.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2001
          --- In pcgen@egroups.com, Robert Hilson <okuth0r@y...> wrote:
          > if i put in the info for sw(class,skill,feat,item) should i put a
          Campaign:star
          > wars tab on it so its ready? which progression is which for the
          class def and
          > rep?(remember i sent them to bryan) just want to get it right

          Yes, go ahead and include a CAMPAIGN:Star Wars (or whatever you
          want to call it) with any items you add. My next release will (I hope)
          have all the CAMPAIGN stuff in it, and if you add it to your stuff
          that will keep me from having to type it all in. I prefer to do the
          coding and let you all do the lst file stuff! ;)
          The DEF and REP stuff for Star Wars is in the documentation in
          the CLASS.LST file discussion. There are 7 reputation Charts,
          4 for PCs (0 being the best progression , 1 is next best, 2 is next
          and 3 is the slowest progression), 2 for NPC classes (4 is best NPC
          progression and 5 is worst) and 1 for Prestige classes (they all
          use 6). e.g. REP:1 would be the second best reputation progression
          for PC classes. There are 4 Defense progression charts, 0 is the best
          PC progression, 1 is the worst PC progression, 2 is for NPC classes
          and 3 is for Prestige classes. The adjustment for the Defense is -2
          for all PC and NPC classes but Prestige classes have an adjustment of
          0. e.g. DEF:2,-2 would mean the class uses the NPC progression and
          suffers a -2 to the defense total if this class is not the first class
          the character added.
          I could find your email where you listed the SW classes and their
          progressions and compare them to the chart, but I thought I would
          (as Math texts are so fond of doing) leave it as an exercise for the
          reader... ;) Let me know if you're still having trouble and I try
          to determine myself which progression the classes you sent should
          use.

          -Bryan

          > =====
          > Robert Hilson
          > http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=11428864

          > http://photos.yahoo.com/
        • Robert Hilson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2001
            several things, the defense seems to be off. and the saves are different
            fringer saves
            frw
            210
            320
            321
            421
            431
            532
            542
            642
            643
            its aobut the only thing i have left. i am putting them in, but have lots to
            do, skill, feat and class.

            =====

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2001
              --- In pcgen@egroups.com, Robert Hilson <okuth0r@y...> wrote:
              > several things, the defense seems to be off. and the saves are
              different

              In what way is the defense off? The dexterity modifier is applied
              to defense, and if any armor is equipped it replaces any class
              bonuses to defense. The best way to test is probably to have a Dex
              of 10 or 11 (0 Modifier) and no equipment. If it's still off, tell
              me what you set the DEF: to and what you think the numbers should
              be at the various levels and I'll correct it.

              > fringer saves
              > frw
              > 210
              > 320
              > 321
              > 421
              > 431
              > 532
              > 542
              > 642
              > 643

              Hm, this breaks the Bad or Good saves by all the other classes.
              So Fortitude is Good, Will is Bad and Reflex is Medium. I'll add
              that to my To Do list. Is there anything else that breaks the
              typical dnd formulas?

              -Bryan

              > its aobut the only thing i have left. i am putting them in, but
              have lots to
              > do, skill, feat and class.
              >
              > =====
              > Robert Hilson
              > http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=11428864

              > http://photos.yahoo.com/
            • Robert Hilson
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 4, 2001
                it might be easier to do a chart with the different progressions and pick a
                progression, that way (in a lst file)i could add my own(for custom classes)
                hopefully this wont add too much, peraonally if it fite on a floppy its great.
                i think the rep for noble is off, but i went to skills and feats first.

                =====