[BUGS] 5.0 equipment bug list

  • Edward Roseland
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2003
      Downloaded the version from rpg.plambert.net/pcgen/ as of Sat Apr 26
      17:00:00 2003 GMT.

      Source Materials include one of the apparent two WotC - DnD Core Rulebook
      I - PHB that were listed, WotC - SRC, WotC - DnD Core Rulebook II - DMG, and
      WotC - DnD Core Rulebook III - MM

      Prefs - Automatically Generate Equipment (Racially Resized Armor, Shields
      and Clothing, Masterwork, Magic (+1 to +5), and Exotic Materials).

      Possible equipment goofs:
      Armor Spikes - cost 0. All Armor Spikes weight = 0

      Artisan's Tools - no masterwork version. How do you specify which skill the
      tools help with?

      Chain Shirt (Mithral/Masterwork) - is that really possible?

      Flail (Light) - 1st level Elf Fighter isn't proficient with this weapon, why
      is that?

      Gauntlets (Locked) - typo, should be Gauntlet. Further, 1st level Elf
      Fighter isn't proficient with this item. While it isn't technically a
      weapon (it doesn't appear on the weapons list) it can be used just as a
      gauntlet (according to its description), so anyone with a Simple Weapon
      Proficiency ought to be able to use one

      Starting outfit - the outfit that you get for free for being 1st level is
      good, except for one thing -- it has no weight to it as well as no cost.
      Does this mean that 1st level Explorer's Outfit weighs nothing while the
      same outfit bought later weighs 8 pounds?

      Errors:
      I keep getting 'Could not find C:\Program
      Files\pcgen\docs\sectionheadingpages\walkthroughpages\Main\maintabinventory.
      htm'
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 28, 2003
        > Prefs - Automatically Generate Equipment (Racially Resized Armor,
        Shields
        > and Clothing, Masterwork, Magic (+1 to +5), and Exotic Materials).
        >
        > Possible equipment goofs:
        > Armor Spikes - cost 0. All Armor Spikes weight = 0

        No goof. Done that way for use in the equipment blocks. The weight
        and such is done through the EquipMod on the armor. Otherwise the
        character would be penalized twice for the same item.

        > Artisan's Tools - no masterwork version. How do you specify which
        skill the
        > tools help with?

        That was working for me before release (I specifically checked on
        it.... But I was tired; I'll look into it again. However, since an
        equipment has to be Equipped to grant the bonus, it causes issues
        there.. It might be a matter of it not being Autogenerated because
        of the choice involved.

        > Chain Shirt (Mithral/Masterwork) - is that really possible?

        Yes. Mithral is NOT masterwork. Takes as long to make as
        masterwork, but it is not masterwork automatically. Only Darkwood is
        masterwork automatically. Search through the archives. This has
        been debated before. We take a strict reading of the rules.

        > Flail (Light) - 1st level Elf Fighter isn't proficient with this
        weapon, why
        > is that?

        Flails are the same proficiency in 5.0. I'll check that specifically.

        > Gauntlets (Locked) - typo, should be Gauntlet. Further, 1st level
        Elf
        > Fighter isn't proficient with this item. While it isn't
        technically a
        > weapon (it doesn't appear on the weapons list) it can be used just
        as a
        > gauntlet (according to its description), so anyone with a Simple
        Weapon
        > Proficiency ought to be able to use one

        Gauntlets (Locked) is an outstanding bug for proficiency. I'll check
        into the Single/plural issue..

        > Starting outfit - the outfit that you get for free for being 1st
        level is
        > good, except for one thing -- it has no weight to it as well as no
        cost.
        > Does this mean that 1st level Explorer's Outfit weighs nothing
        while the
        > same outfit bought later weighs 8 pounds?

        First Outfit is free - that is what the pop-up does. That is in
        terms of cost. The first Clothing worn doesn't count against weight -
        that is automatically done in a different part of the code. If you
        buy a different out fit, and wear that instead, the worn one won't
        have a weight penalty... This is per the PHB. Maybe I should check
        the SRD on that one. I think I remember seeing it though. (And this
        happens AFTER I've submitted my final SRD list to Andy Smith, of
        course.)

        > Errors:
        > I keep getting 'Could not find C:\Program

        Files\pcgen\docs\sectionheadingpages\walkthroughpages\Main\maintabinve
        ntory.
        > htm'

        Hm.. Code not pointing at the right file section. Did you unpack
        Part 3 into the same folder as PCGen, preserving folders? Doc thing,
        not data (at least from my perspective...)

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen BoD
        Data Silverback
      • Patryk Adamski
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 28, 2003
          Tir, in case you are interested:

          ERRORS 5.0.0

          O/S: WinXp Pro
          Java version: 1.4.1_02
          Three printers: PDF (print-to-pdf printers)
          When: when starting pcGen

          The problem seems to be gone, when I copy files from 5.0.0 Wednesday
          (22.04) beta.

          E:\patryk\cmpgn\campaignTest>java -jar pcgen.jar
          Something went wrong printing
          java.io.FileNotFoundException:
          E:\patryk\cmpgn\campaignTest\docs\sectionheadingpages\walkthroughpages\M
          ain\maintabsourcematerial.htm (The system cannot find the
          path specified)
          at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:55)
          at pcgen.gui.PToolBar.displayHelpPanel(PToolBar.java:222)
          at
          pcgen.gui.PToolBar$FilterComponentListener.componentShown(PToolBar.ja
          va:445)
          at
          java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.componentShown(AWTEventMulticaster.java:
          118)
          at
          java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.componentShown(AWTEventMulticaster.java:
          117)
          at
          java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.componentShown(AWTEventMulticaster.java:
          117)
          at java.awt.Component.processComponentEvent(Component.java:4998)
          at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3639)
          at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1623)
          at
          pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame
          1.java:2644)
          at
          java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchTh
          read.java:197)
          at
          java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThre
          ad.java:150)
          at
          java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:144)

          at
          java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:136)

          at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:99)

          --
          Patryk Adamski (Ruemere)
          PcGen LST Gorilla
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2003
            > > Armor Spikes - cost 0. All Armor Spikes weight = 0
            >
            > No goof. Done that way for use in the equipment blocks. The weight
            > and such is done through the EquipMod on the armor. Otherwise the
            > character would be penalized twice for the same item.

            When I looked at this item's information it didn't show there was any
            additional weight -- so I'd assumed it might not work. So just buying this
            item will automaticly "bill" me?

            > > Artisan's Tools - no masterwork version. How do you specify which
            > skill the
            > > tools help with?
            >
            > That was working for me before release (I specifically checked on
            > it.... But I was tired; I'll look into it again. However, since an
            > equipment has to be Equipped to grant the bonus, it causes issues
            > there.. It might be a matter of it not being Autogenerated because
            > of the choice involved.

            Is there any way to get some items to just add bonuses for having items in
            your inventory (i.e. carried)? As it is, getting the bonus for the Military
            Riding Saddle is almost impossible to get.

            > > Chain Shirt (Mithral/Masterwork) - is that really possible?
            >
            > Yes. Mithral is NOT masterwork. Takes as long to make as
            > masterwork, but it is not masterwork automatically. Only Darkwood is
            > masterwork automatically. Search through the archives. This has
            > been debated before. We take a strict reading of the rules.

            I guess I was just confused because it seems to me that the penalties and
            bonuses for both the masterworked and non-masterworked Chain Shirts are the
            same.

            > > Gauntlets (Locked) - typo, should be Gauntlet. Further, 1st level Elf
            > > Fighter isn't proficient with this item. While it isn't technically a
            > > weapon (it doesn't appear on the weapons list) it can be used just as a
            > > gauntlet (according to its description), so anyone with a Simple Weapon
            > > Proficiency ought to be able to use one
            >
            > Gauntlets (Locked) is an outstanding bug for proficiency. I'll check
            > into the Single/plural issue..

            I just asked because I wanted THIS Elven Fighter to use a Locked Gauntlet
            with a Composite Longbow and a Spiked Gauntlet with the other hand which
            seemed possible to me. I just don't know how possible it was on PCGen.

            > > Starting outfit - the outfit that you get for free for being 1st
            > > level is good, except for one thing -- it has no weight to it as well as
            no cost.
            > > Does this mean that 1st level Explorer's Outfit weighs nothing while the
            > > same outfit bought later weighs 8 pounds?
            >
            > First Outfit is free - that is what the pop-up does. That is in
            > terms of cost. The first Clothing worn doesn't count against weight -
            > that is automatically done in a different part of the code. If you
            > buy a different out fit, and wear that instead, the worn one won't
            > have a weight penalty... This is per the PHB. Maybe I should check
            > the SRD on that one. I think I remember seeing it though. (And this
            > happens AFTER I've submitted my final SRD list to Andy Smith, of
            > course.)

            Really? I didn't know that -- well, I knew the first Outfit didn't cost
            anything, but I didn't know that they didn't weigh anything either.

            > > Errors:
            > > I keep getting 'Could not find C:\Program
            > >
            > Files\pcgen\docs\sectionheadingpages\walkthroughpages\Main\maintabinve
            > ntory.
            > > htm'
            >
            > Hm.. Code not pointing at the right file section. Did you unpack
            > Part 3 into the same folder as PCGen, preserving folders? Doc thing,
            > not data (at least from my perspective...)

            I downloaded pcgen-simple.zip from the automatic build website -- so if
            there's a problem there, then I wouldn't know...

            I hope that helps -- thanks for answering my questions.